Author Topic: The Circle of Twelve?  (Read 3931 times)

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
The Circle of Twelve?
« on: January 12, 2011, 01:35:47 am »
Alright, I seem to be stuck here. I opened the light chamber, then went to that area beyond Kal Fargus's arena where you get the Circle of Twelve, but I can't seem to figure out where to use it. So, where exactly do you have to be to use it?

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: The Circle of Twelve?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 02:22:35 am »
Alright, I seem to be stuck here. I opened the light chamber, then went to that area beyond Kal Fargus's arena where you get the Circle of Twelve, but I can't seem to figure out where to use it. So, where exactly do you have to be to use it?

You use it to proceed forward (wink wink nudge nudge)

EDITE: And backwards (if you're thick as I was)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:51:07 pm »
translation: use it where you found it or use it where it takes you.  (there is a symbol on the floor near the guyra statue you can use it at, and a similar symbol on the other side of the port you can use it).
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 10:58:02 pm »
:rolleyes: SPOILER ALERT :rolleyes:

I think that scenario may be a little confusing... especially if you can't get to that point without being able to gain the Co12. It's pretty rare in games to get a key in front of the door. It may've been better to teleport the player the first time then give them dialog from Guyra about how they can use the item to get back.

Did you originally intend to make the player go thru another ordeal at that point? I remember your telling me about a number of scenarios around that point that got cut out :frown:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:20:47 am by Holy Diver »

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 03:14:55 pm »
Ugh, of course. Thanks to the both of you for the hints. As perceptive I am, I often overlook things in the first place I should suspect. On a related note, I somehow beat the game (or so I think?) with nearly 30% left. I managed to miss quite a bit of things, including the entire East Village, which I just found last night.  :doh:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 05:02:28 pm »
Actually the Verdite castle was one of the firt maps I made, and its purpose was intended from the very beginning.

The only things that got cut, or were different in the end game from the original conception are:

-originally the arena challenge was going to be optional, as well as the gladiator gear, but I modified the story to better fit some lore that I received from some old information in a from software canon that I unfortunately never got my hands on the whole thing.  this also lead to the deletion of a secondary (not as complete) ending.

-i intended the pixie forest to be more massive with an actual tree top village you could walk around in, but limitations to objects/map pieces caused me to reduce that vision.

-the only other things that are missing are due to other limitations (no bow and arrow, no trigger based on equipped gear and so on)

Contrary to some people's belief, everything I had originally intended to go into DD is there plus about 6 more maps that I originally did not intend but seemed to fit as I progressed.  The only things I would like to have added were missing due to SOM not being able to do what I wanted, thats about it.
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 06:11:04 pm »
Can we expect the new patch tonight?  :biggrin:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:09:42 am »
Yes...sorry for the delay, these event files should correct any of the aforementioned issues.

DO NOT apply them to your game if you are already very far in as they will break your save game.

http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/DarkDestiny/event.zip
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 02:29:18 pm »
Quality.

Look forward to playing again (probably tomorrow, when i'm hung over. :dazed:)

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 11:12:34 pm »
Alright, so I'm still missing that second shrine key, and I have no idea where it is. I am sure I could find it, if only I knew where to look. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the general area where that key is. Just the name of the place will do.

Regarding the issues I mentioned, the odd thing is, most of the stuff that I mentioned (Raffy not talking, Blue Waters, etc.) started working again before you even posted the patch, and I certainly didn't download and apply it, as I'm not quite ready to start over just yet.  :confused: Now, the mimic chest and the soldier with red armor, both of whom, like the black skeleton, never appeared in the library (I didn't mention it because I didn't notice earlier), suddenly appeared, and then, the giant yellow scorpion disappeared again, along with the small carrion worm. Lol, I have no idea what that was about.