Author Topic: Any hints as to how to get the drain staff?  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: Any hints as to how to get the drain staff?
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 09:09:58 am »
Sorry about taking a while to get back to you.  Got sucked into the holiday.

I want to ask you a series of questions to help you figure this out:
(I think I was remembering incorrectly with the laps around the fountain - that just brings out the "clocks".

Is the water lava in the "true" perspective?
What does the fire staff do?
Have you found a "shield" hanging on the wall in the water area, close to the entrance?
What does the wind staff do?

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 11:32:42 am »
No problem, I understand. As for the questions...

1. Yeah, the light perspective has a pool of water, whereas the dark one has a pool of lava. I've seen a gate, which I assume you need to open to drain the water or lava, but I have never figured out how to open it.

2. The Staff of Invoke Flames, er... invokes flames, but I haven't seen any torches, candles, lamps, or anything else that may need lighting.

3. Not at all. I've looked all across the water realm (well, as far as I can get, anyways) in both perspectives, but I see nothing even remotely resembling a shield on any walls. Either it's invisible, extremely hard to spot, or appears via a puzzle I missed. Is it in the light or dark perspective?

4. The Staff of Invoke Winds lets you run at high speeds as long as there is an Insignia of Wind there to activate it, but I don't see anything like that in the water realm.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 02:57:09 pm »
If I am not mistaken (been a long time since ive played) there may be 'pillars' near the entranceway in the water realm that you can move via a displace spell or something which reveals a shield behind it on the wall?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 10:44:00 pm »
Wow, do I feel like an idiot for missing the function of those pillars. I mean, honestly, as long as I have been doing that in the game, I should have figured it out right away. Oh well, at least it has been solved now. Tom and Todd, many thanks to the both of you for the hints, and the great games.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:56:41 am by Luthius »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 02:32:09 pm »
Lol did it actually work?

I probably haven't played Tris since this time last year :)  though I am 100% sure I needed a hint for those pillars as well which is one of the reasons I recall it.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 08:10:23 pm »
Yep, I needed to get the Water Gate Symbol, which was easy enough after realizing the fairly obvious fact of what I had to do with the pillars.