Author Topic: The fire crystal/pedestal  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
The fire crystal/pedestal
« on: December 06, 2010, 02:59:19 pm »
I have a deep seated disdain for puzzle games, but dicking around with Trismegistus lately has kind of endeared me to try to further my game a little ways / maybe finish it within the next few decades.

One thing I don't get (and don't want to be spoiled really) is there is the Brann Fire Crystal. The mirror says Magic Ability +1 (a typo maybe??) and to use it on pedestals. There is a fire crystal pedestal on the "other side" map near where you start the game. For some reason when I woke up today I had an idea that maybe I was really daft and there was actually another pedestal on the opposite map where it would work... but I went there and there is no pedestal.

Oh I forgot to mention the fire crystal does not mate with the pedestal. I've even tried it from about 8 angles sampled all the way around the pedestal.

PS: I like the idea of a total puzzle box puzzler but this seems a bit much... I just hope when I finish the game it summons a demon or something :evil:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:49:45 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: The fire crystal/pedestal
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »
As it happens,

In another thread it was explained to me the 'round 'round... puzzle. I guess I should've heeded the signs message in threes. The sound effect is encouraging that you're doing something, but also misleading in that it sounds like something had happened elsewhere which should be investigated. I guess nothing should be taken for granted. Do all puzzles culminate in a flash?

With the spoils of that puzzle, making it into the fire realm was pretty straight forward... but I was unable to make anything happen there. I was able to spin the room, but if you know what I'm talking about obviously there is a catch there it may be too soon to solve.

The stoneheads are a mystery to me, and though I solved one shield puzzle like a year ago, I wonder if there is some significance to all the shields scattered about.

The only thing else I can think to do is mess with the dials and the flask lights. I really don't want to rely on the dream pedestals, and I don't think I've come across all the scraps of papers with hints, though I suppose the last one or two dials might be left to trial and error.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:48:00 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
Re: The fire crystal/pedestal
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:57:34 pm »
The flask lights unlock the sealed stone chests, and you have to use Brann's (I think that's the fire guardian's name?) Key to solve the rotating statue/room puzzle. And I don't think quite ALL of the puzzles have a red flash, but I am pretty sure that most of them do.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:00:18 pm by Luthius »