Author Topic: 2011 projects  (Read 4308 times)

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
Re: 2011 projects
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 01:00:23 pm »
Thanks Ben:) I made a couple of "trans" sets...... Where one ground surface blends into another..... They are actully bigger than a standard set, but hey it makes the world look more like  a "real" world"......... as far as mountains go they are easy with my extraction method..... I will write a new topic on the extraction method.Tonight after the "bowl".......... with the extraction method , all you do is make a model, dont matter how big it is..... then it cuts the model into 1x1 or in my case 3x3 ( the biggest you can make a piece with working MHM) then you just place the pieces like a puzzle:) Works good and if you keep the pieces uniform, they don't disapere at more than 80 degrees off center:)........... so yes making a spiral starcase tower....... So easy.....and could be as small as four pieces at around 50k a piece, I have grass tiles bigger than that...........these photos are good examples of how extraction works..................More later my friends:) ..................ML

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 03:35:52 pm »
With this method, do you have to re-center each cut piece? As in, say the right part of the lighthouse... Do you need to move a single block to the direct center of the mqo grid, or do you just export it?

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 11:27:40 pm »
Yes you have to recenter to 0.......:) But reassembly is a snap as all parts are always in the right position.......... the best part of this method is that each peice is small in part , thus not using a ton of precious memory.....and causing the dreaded slow motion effect....... large objects like trees cause that , and is why I sought to make trees as map parts , be oh the recaling is painful...... I wanted buildings that looked natural and not produced, and boxy...... So not only do you get a nice piece, but it dont look like a set, AND if I were to have used 1x1 map tiles this set would have taken 36 map slots, my way it only took 11.......:) thanks for your interest, I hope other find it useful and maybe bring out some REALLY individual stuff one day:)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »
Cant wait to see you're demo. As ive said before, its great to not be the only one working on a project, it keeps you driving on with you're own.