Author Topic: 2011 projects  (Read 4307 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: 2011 projects
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 04:41:47 pm »
I agree, my customs are honestly quite bad.

I think I will likely remove them all from the som download and just have them as an addon if someone wants to pick through them for something salvagable for their project.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 06:37:06 am »
I hope you'l have a look at mine and madison lastrega's customs sometime, maybe you'l feel differently after that.

Personally i dont agree. I like you're customs, Todd. Especially the commanders sword. Some environs i was impressed with - the caves, and the waterfall are my favourite places in DD so far.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:04:01 am by Verdite »

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:52 pm »
Todd, your customs are acceptable....   I'm just picky as all get out.  (I have perfectionist tendencies in making games)

I'd love to have any customs you guys have made!  Anything to make this seem less like making the same game for the 3rd time! 

^ _ ^

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 02:33:16 am »
Hey guys speaking of customs, check my new 11 piece map set .......The windmill....It will be in the upcomming demo in march:)  and yes I think tom you should make another one , and I will be happy to hook you up with some bomb ass stuff........ I am sure Verdite will share his skills ....... PS I am gonna need you advice soon for music:) thanks in advance....ML

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 07:47:10 am »
Very nice ML, well done. If someone combined our customs to make a game with, their game would be really interesting.

I think others users will be soon spoilt for choice  :wink: hey maybe those who abandoned their projects will start up again.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 09:26:51 am »
Definitely looks like I need to get my butt in gear for that add-on repository section of the site.

Nice work ML...have you contemplated making the windmill part an object so you can have it rotating?
Site Founder

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 12:04:38 pm »
Ya know Todd , we think alike....... The sails are already an object, and they already spin, in fact it is an event.... when you first find the windmill, you will discover it broken, and have to get it moving...... and to Verdite, that is my intention, maybe if people saw the potential in SOM they might pick up thier dead or stalled projects, or maybe ask for help........ the only problem is that once we release our map sets, we will have a bunch of Rathmore and Mytrosia Clones , but oh well, at least if they use the stuff , that means it was  good enough to rival the crappy stock set:) I mean My map set is 100 custom, the only stock stuff I used was stenciled to make New pieces....... has taken over a year, but was worth it now that I can build my maps with speed ....... Anyway More to come, I have pics of my tree village, but I have to fix some disapearing stuff first....(meaning I have to recale some pieces)........... but I made them in simular fashion of this mill......ML

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 07:31:40 pm »
Can't wait to see it in action.

For you both, I understand the idea of people making clone games can make you feel like it may detract from what you are making...but all in all, I think we all would probably admit we would have liked to have seen several more installments of KF even if they did share alot of the same basic assets.

There is no replacement for genius in a project, the available models just help to illustrate the brilliance behind the game creators.  Your games will be unique, regardless of whether your parts were used 100 times after.
Site Founder

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 03:26:20 am »
here it is in Som................ Mhm was a bitch, but hey whatta gonna do right? 11 pieces...... I have some little finishing touches and I have to make a winder:) but good enough for the demo...........  now to fix my disapearing trees..............ML

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 11:57:39 am »
I love how the mud blends into the grass. Remember i told you on the phone about mhm data? Well i've got two methods now... Both of them have worked perfectly each time.
Actually i should really get me arse into gear and fix a tutorial up on that, for everyone to use and for future SoM'ers.

Is the windmill just one floor? I'd love to create a map piece with a real walk-uppable winding staircase... Can be done, of course, i think i could do it.

Btw ML, got a question for ya. When you make cliffs or mountains, how many seperate pieces do you use to make it?