Author Topic: Finish the game as a mortal... (Spoiler rating: HIGH)  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Finish the game as a mortal... (Spoiler rating: HIGH)
« on: April 10, 2009, 04:06:14 pm »
I'm pasting this from another thread - I think this deserves it's own topic.  If you would like to beat the game without getting immortality (with a heavy bill) from those warlocks, this little guide will help you do so.

*spoiler rating : HIGH*

You've been warned.

I'll not splurge on the actual ending, but I'll tell you the best approach to the mortal approach make it past the undead horde, the three demons and Jormungandr without a scratch. (cause if you get scratched, you die)

First and foremost, upon entering that room, do not talk to Jormungandr right away. Use Upheaval II on the "pillar" (just looks like a concrete square on the ground) right in front of Jormungandr (in accordance to how he's facing) - upheaval a total of 2 times.

Also, Upheaval II the "pillar" to Jormungandr's right a total of two times.

Once again, do all of this before talking to Jormungandr.

Now talk to him...

Once the small group of enemies appears, lure them over by where the skeleton will appear. (the skeleton (which isn't there yet) that you apply the Bracelet of Alchemy to - Jormungandr's right) This might require a few minutes of patience.

Quickly run over and apply the Eye of Horus to the altar then quickly step on the "concrete square" and use Upheaval II and ride the pillar up. You may have to re-position yourself to the pillar's center with each cast.

With Casting Upheaval II twice, you'll notice there is a network of magic symbols floor level with the raised pillars that you can walk on, out of harms way.

Make your way across the symbols to the pillar facing the original Jormungandr. Await all the enemies to gather around that pillar - once again, this will take a few minutes of patience.

Quickly go towards the skeleton and apply the Bracelet of Alchemy, then head over to the "Insignia of the Damned" and use the "Staff of Invocation". Depending on the number of souls you have will depend on how many of the skeleton enemies will be cleared out.

10 souls or less, a small group
11-20 souls a medium group
21-34 souls, a large group
35+ the entire group

If you have a few skeletons left, staff them, then step away for a few seconds. Using the staff of invoke earth has a hidden several-second recoil, so be sure to in out those kills....

When the skeletons are all cleared, you'll be left with the three demons. Two demons will walk after you, the other will stand in place and cast magic.

Do not try to take on both walking demons at once - I die every time. Instead, I take out one then distance myself.

Generally speaking I take out the caster 1st, one of the walkers then distance myself and take out the last demon being CLOSE to Jormungandr. (This will be easy to do, because the walkers will follow you everywhere.)

When you take out the last demon, Jormungandr reveals his "true form", quickly use the Staff of Invoke Earth on him. It will "knock" you across the room, run up to him as quick as you can and apply the staff each time. With luck, Jormungandr will just swing at you (while you're too far away) - just keep charging him.

IF IF IF you find yourself some distance between yourself and Jormungandr, and you see him rear his head to spray those fireballs, CIRCLE STRAFE RIGHT. He sprays to the right, and if you're far enough away, you'll miss the start of the spray.

Pillars might offer some shelter.

Quickly move in IMMEDIATELY after he sprays, use the staff, and repeat the previously mentioned paragraph until he is defeated.

Hope this little guide helps! ^_^

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 01:28:17 am »
Reading this just scared the hell out of me...

and I was assuming there was no combat or threat of death in this game :cry:

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 07:55:48 pm »
Well, there are basically two places in Trismegistus that you can die.  One is towards the beginning of the Grimoire Grand Hall, one is the very end of the Grimoire Grand Hall.

Dying will give you an option to one of the three endings....  

...it actually is a tad frightening, even knowing what's coming.

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.