Author Topic: My offer to you all....  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
My offer to you all....
« on: November 16, 2010, 03:23:17 pm »
As homage to my own work, I'm releasing an album that has orchestral versions from previous Hguols works.  4 tracks from the Epitome album, 4 from Celestial Powers Intervened To True Supremacy and 4 original tracks.

Everyone here will know most of the tracks from Diadem of Maunstraut, Trismegistus or Dark Destiny - I'm not sure if there's another track or not, (Perhaps Zeir Grimholdt) but all these songs are re-recorded with different sonics and instruments.  Affectionately entitled "Maunstraut", while these tracks will be familiar to those of you who've played the games, they do have a little different feel to them being "maxed out" with better equipment and knowledge as a producer.

Hguols - Maunstraut
Track Listing:

To Solace
Epitome of Unprecedented Deaths (Dark Destiny)
Epitome of Threnodies Abided (Hlodyn)
Epitome of Sovereign Toccatas
Epitome of Eternity (Trismegistus)
Destined to Find Sanctuary (The Eternal Story)

I Found the Essence of Darkness (Journey to Despair)
Within the Grip of Insanity (A Cryptic Welcome)
In This Exchange of Demise (Forsaken, Forever)
Hordes of the Undead (Rain)
Hordes of the Undead (Silence)
Zeir Grimholdt

The songs in bold can be heard on Hguols.com.  (If you'd want to hear the difference) 
Digital release on iTunes, Amazon, etc. December 1st, Limited pressed CD available first quarter 2011.

My offer to everyone here (since I mentioned it in the subject). 

Anyone who has been on this board before November 16th, 2010 - I'll give you a free digital release of the entire album.  It will come with all 12 tracks, 192kbs MP3s, and a 300dpi JPG of the album cover.

Just respond to this thread clearly stating that you'd like the Maunstraut album. 
I'll PM you the link to download it.

Everyone, thanks for your dedication, time and contributions to this community!

Thanks!

Tom

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: My offer to you all....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 08:40:29 pm »
Count me in (just tell me what to do)

I'm going to prepare a new version of DoM for download (hopefully becoming the official download... nothing new just Som improvements)

I'd like to set something up so people can replace the soundtrack with your best stuff so to hear it in game...

I kinda think it would be a neat idea to encourage people to buy deluxe soundtracks for their Som games. Both to support musicians, and because I think it's probably a legitimate/uncomplicated way for people to make games with professional musicians' music. By either A) finding a service that lets you make your own mixes so to speak and encouraging people to buy it. Or B) making a list of your suggested listening and just letting people find the songs for themselves.

I know a lot of Xbox games let you provide your own BGMs. So afaik there's no reason for indie game developers to seek out contracts, unless specifically for publicity purposes.

I'm sure I'm not the first to contemplate this, but it's a way of doing things I'd like to try to encourage authors to consider.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:53:32 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:46:40 pm »
Actually, I would prefer if these songs were not used in the new version of the DoM game.  (or any game for that matter)
I'm looking to market these elsewhere, and this is just intended to be a gift to everyone here to listen to and enjoy, not integrate into their own work.

I've sent you a PM with the download link.  I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:56:26 pm »
Suit yourself. Would've been a nice draw. But people will just have to do it themselves it seems :sweatdrop:

The track listing just looks like the entire DoM soundtrack. I don't understand, but won't push it.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 04:01:12 am »
PS: Any background info on the cover photo or collage?

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 10:32:31 am »
The artwork was made by Lion7.com and tweaked by yours truly.

The actual picture itself is several photos combined.  (the sky, mountains, and river with building are basically 3 different images)

Actually, I redid the Hguols.com site with Lion7 artwork, and did a fair amount of tweaking myself.  (as far as animated gifs and whatnot)

I've also got another album cover from them which will be all new music for next year.  There's a hint of it in the opening Hguols dot com GIF and the banner in my signature....

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 05:52:19 pm »
I saw this thread last night on my ps3. Thanks for these Tom, i was playing DoM the other day and the first level's track really stuck in my head.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 06:58:11 pm »
You're welcome.  I'm not quite sure, from your message, if you want the album or not. 
If you do, I'll PM the link to you....

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 11:45:12 pm »
Could you please prepare a 32x32 icon of the M in Maunstraut on the album cover for the Ex enabled release I'm preparing?

I think it would be fine as long it doesn't become too unrecognizable at that size. Will need something for Trismegistus also...

A smaller version of the Eye of Horus graphic in the opening would probably work nicely.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 10:41:18 am »
Shameless bump.

....especially since Mick has now gone the way of old yeller.