Author Topic: Need some help...  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Flea

• Dagger Carrier
Need some help...
« on: October 03, 2010, 01:29:21 pm »
I could use some help/direction as I?m stuck at the moment. I?m sure some of these are related and will relate to each other.
Here?s the last few things I?ve done;

Obtained the eclipse and guardian swords, talked to the dragon, got the 12 crown something (for teleporting to verdite), & got all 4 elemental weapons. I also have 14 of the 15 magics. Now here?s what I?m stuck on;

Is there anything I have to do directly after obtaining all 4 elemental weapons?

When using the dragon shrine keys I'm sure the symbols have to be lined up in a certain pattern but I haven't found any place that shows the order.

Where do I get the key for the red/gold chests? Like the one on the pirate ship.

How do I unseal the white chests?

How do I get through the passageway that?s blocked by brittle boulders? (right by the dwarf who asks you to get his pickaxe) I?m guessing it?s an item as I?ve tried every single weapon and magic spell.

How do I remove the crystal stuck in the wall in the miner?s guild mine wall? I?m guessing a pickaxe but I don?t have one.

How/where do I use the 12 crown thing?

How do I unseal all the doors in the coliseum hallway?

How do I get the blue crystal that?s sitting on the pile of rocks on the mine cart track in the undersea castle? I can?t interact with it at all.

Where in the heck are all the pedestal crystals at? I see the pedestals everywhere but I?ve only found 1 crystal and that was for the undersea castle.

How do I unseal the door (it?s pretty close to gigi?s house, in the dark, purple cavern)

What is the dark magic (wada? ritual sheet for) It?s still in my inventory after I finished the quest so I?m guessing it?s used for something.   

What can I do with Mel Morris (the tree monster) that wants to see Gigi?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Need some help...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 10:23:54 pm »
Hi, I will try to answer your questions below :)

Is there anything I have to do directly after obtaining all 4 elemental weapons?

The elemental weapons are more or less to tell a story more than anything else.  If you havent obtained them, then Jonas will not teach you the top elemental magics

When using the dragon shrine keys I'm sure the symbols have to be lined up in a certain pattern but I haven't found any place that shows the order.

This is a nod at KF1 in the US...it is the same pattern as that game, and if you visit Leon Shore's home in the eastern village, a painting on the wall will reveal the pattern you need.

Where do I get the key for the red/gold chests? Like the one on the pirate ship.

It is hidden away somewhere in the verdite castle, it is the royal key.

How do I unseal the white chests?

The white sealed chests are the chests sealed by the priest - Olfe.  he served Seath and sealed away Seath's armor when he was driven from melanat...to open them you need to obtain one of seath's precious items....

How do I get through the passageway that?s blocked by brittle boulders? (right by the dwarf who asks you to get his pickaxe) I?m guessing it?s an item as I?ve tried every single weapon and magic spell.

For this you will need to obtain the pick axe then learn the mining skill from the dwarf near that area with the blocked in cave.  Once you learn the technique you can use the item to break down the wall.

How do I remove the crystal stuck in the wall in the miner?s guild mine wall? I?m guessing a pickaxe but I don?t have one.

You need the pickaxe and mining technique.  The pickaxe is found above where the dwarf is on the waterfall cliffs area, you will need to find a secret door near the exit of this map near where you reach Thedeck's area.

How/where do I use the 12 crown thing?

You use it right where you found it, on the seal that sits in front of the statue of guyra, this will teleport you to verdite castle...there is a similar seal on the other side of the teleport to get you back to melanat.

How do I unseal all the doors in the coliseum hallway?

You dont, these are merely in the game to mirror the architecture of the hallway in the original KF1 where these doors were.  Its a nod to the lore in that game as later Necron will place his guardians behind these doors.

How do I get the blue crystal that?s sitting on the pile of rocks on the mine cart track in the undersea castle? I can?t interact with it at all.

Where in the heck are all the pedestal crystals at? I see the pedestals everywhere but I?ve only found 1 crystal and that was for the undersea castle.

Most of the pedastals youre finding are designed for the star  key and star gate.  Place the key in a pedastal then you can use the star gate to teleport there.

How do I unseal the door (it?s pretty close to gigi?s house, in the dark, purple cavern)

This is also a Seath's door (similar to the chests), once you have his sword you can enter.

What is the dark magic (wada? ritual sheet for) It?s still in my inventory after I finished the quest so I?m guessing it?s used for something.   

This is a mistake on my part, it should have been removed upon quest completion

What can I do with Mel Morris (the tree monster) that wants to see Gigi?

Not much, but if you speak to him , you will find his house unlocked...this is simply a nod at the lore of KF2.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:17:46 pm »
I don't think the house ever unlocked in my (beta) game. Anything in it?

PS: You all are lucky I didn't make this game... I would never spill the beans so easily (if at all) as Todd :evil:

Offline Flea

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 11:54:56 pm »
Thank you for all the answers. It really cleared up a few things. However, let me clarify something.

The pedestals I'm referring to are all designed to take crystals. Like the one's in the garrison where you fall off the bridge and the ones in the fire area (not Thedeck's castle) by the faces on the wall that shoot arrows. Also the ones behind the door that was sealed by the commander near the mine entrance.

I will still have to look for the secret entrance for the pickaxe but I realized what happened. I apparently have some bug that nullified my phantom rod. At one point in the game it did reveal secret passages but I recently realized it no longer does. So who knows how many secret areas I ran by while using my phantom rod. I'll just have to recheck some areas I suppose.

I thoroughly enjoyed King's Field 1-3 and Shadow Tower. I was disappointed that there weren't really any other games like it but then I found SoM. Now i'll just have to learn Japanese so I can play the other king's Field and Shadow Tower. Thanks again for the help.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 01:10:08 am »
The secret area that leads to the pickaxe is kind of a bonus area (not required) that just fleshes out all the KF2 lore Todd crammed into DD.

Personally I don't get why you need to "learn the pickaxe skill" ... doesn't seem very KF like... I'm going to assume it was required by the event setup :confused:

Since it sounds like you'd played KF2, you should be able to figure out the wind crystal pedestals yourself (were they required to finish KF2??)

HINT: They come in pairs, and if I'm not mistaken there are already two green crystals situated in them (so why look any further :evil: ?)

Offline Flea

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:08:06 am »
I played King's Field quite a few years back so my memory is a little rusty about the wind crystal pedestals. Also, there aren't any crystals in them, just indentions where the crystals are supposed to go. There are numerous sets of pedestals all over the game that have the indentions for crystals but that is the only set that says it's a wind pedestal.

I have an earth and water stone and not quite sure what to do with them. I thought they could be used to upgrade my weapon but they don't work at the smithy.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 12:53:12 pm »
The wind pillars are used for harvine's flute like they were in KF1 US.  Sorry if it was too cryptic (I oftentimes forget to explain things that were in other KF games and I probably should have had an npc say something about the flute).

The stones are used to upgrade the necron's blade once it has reached level 3, however you can only upgrade it one time and then the other stones cannot be used.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 04:50:46 pm »
Did any NPC mention the flute in KF2? I'm personally against NPCs giving hints about stuff mostly of any kind. In the flute's case the only place a hint would be appropriate is in the "ASSESS" info I think.

I think maybe Todd set it up so if the flute's in your inventory the crystals appear... if not maybe when you play the flute. I definitely remember seeing green crystals regularly anyway.

I do think it's important that NPCs mention different areas, otherwise it's easy to forget they're there. I had that problem with DD. I think Todd added a lot of dialogue to help that.