Author Topic: Armourer and blacksmith  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Armourer and blacksmith
« on: September 14, 2010, 08:37:11 pm »
Please state your vote folks! Question being... The weapon and armour models will be displayed outside of the shop menu.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: Armourer and blacksmith
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:30:42 am »
I can't ethically encourage you to do something that would entail so much work (add that as an option) ...It will end up being like Todd's library deal in DD. Only the more you achieve the less you get to look at.

In a project of mine I have a storage system because the idea of an adventurer carrying around 20+ full suits of armor / weapons makes my brain implode. Most stuff goes in a giant trunk but I played around arranging the armor sets in a storage locker. I kinda wanted them to be visible like on a dummy but they don't really line up right and placing objects is really imprecise... so if I go thru with it probably I'll just pile them on crates/hang some stuff on walls. Eventually I'd like to setup an avatar extension so you can look down and see everything you're equipped with / maybe add a full body equip pane in the menu somewhere (probably by scraping out everything in the right pane on the main equip menu)

Todd had some shop stuff visible in DD but they did not go away after purchasing (maybe the proprietor mass produces the stuff -- or keeps the real stuff in the back)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:33:32 am by Holy Diver »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 02:19:26 pm »
I was going to do that (make them disappear) but his items arent 100% unique.  I wish I had made them so..otherwise im not sure how to track it. 

Verdite, if youre going to make every item in the store unique, then go for it, it would look awesome.  If they are not unique you probably wont be able to make them disappear properly from the countertop because the only thing I could think of was to do an if has item >0 of a certain item, then turn the object off.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 06:37:13 am »
All of my items are unique in design :) but i will have generic ones which will probably be money makers! :rainbow:
I'm thinking to hang up say a greatsword on a wallthat could be purchased when you have done a few quests
(by activating it) and possibly put a few generic swords around the place.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:32:29 am »
It's easier to just scan the player's inventory (assuming they can't store/sell the item elsewhere) but the item just needs to be unique to the map.

You can have your own counter track the number of that item the player has on hand, and if it is not equal to the number in the inventory you know that it was just bought/sold or whatever.