Author Topic: Hows it going Joe?  (Read 11645 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Hows it going Joe?
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:50:53 pm »
Just posting to see if you pop on here, havent heard from you in about a month.

Anyone hear from Madison Lastrega?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: Hows it going Joe?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 04:57:31 pm »
If he does manifest... he mentioned once what the scale of the model units was to the in game 1.0 = 1m scale. I think I need to know that to wrap up the .cp file work. You may know it yourself since you have some experience making new MDO files... which I'm assuming are in the same whole number coordinates :ninja:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 02:28:59 pm »
I mailed Joe a while ago but got nothing back.

I'd say he's busy... Though it has been a while hasnt it...

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 01:34:38 am »
Anyone seen Todd lately :rolleyes:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 08:13:09 am »
Nope. :confused:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 02:10:21 pm »
Let me guess. He's had a computastrophe!! Or maybe he fell victim to his oft alluded to familial curse.... or maybe he's sipping cocktails in the Bahamas with John :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:13:43 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 05:53:27 pm »
Its possible. Joe mentioned a while ago that he'd felt pressured and attacked, and said he may very well dissapear like John did. Well, i really hope he hasnt, because it would be a huge waste of friendship and talent if he did.

Joe, if your around, keep in touch.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 03:05:55 am »
I think ML is too much of a queen to disappear without a speech. And John, well his computer just busted, and probably he just hasn't found a new one or got caught up in some other fancy in the meantime. In both cases it's a shame people don't share more of their work (and that we don't really have a clear channel for doing that kind of thing) so it's not lost when they have a change in heart / circumstance / neglect to backup their personal data.

I would make all of my work available except I'm pretty convinced I'd be wasting my time because it's all too esoteric for anyone we know of interested in the case of Som. From time to time I do upload/attach source code archives. However I'm afraid finding them might prove difficult (especially since Todd's server won't stay alive long enough to finish a search) but someone might stumble across them someday if indeed I do ever suddenly expire in the course of duty (which is pretty much the only way I'll be gotten rid of short of Todd's yearly banning frenzy)

This time last year Todd was talking about ditching this website within about half a years time. He seems to have changed his tune, but I would personally not mind if he'd consider migrating the forum over to my website so features like search and Unicode would work (and because presumably that's where we'll all end up anyway / it's more secure)

My website is not ready but this forum could be setup to seamlessly redirect over to it without any URL changes (edited: and for new people; I set this forum up / so drama aside, a move to "my forum" would not change anything you're used to)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:17:07 am by Holy Diver »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 09:11:38 am »
This time last year Todd was talking about ditching this website within about half a years time. He seems to have changed his tune, but I would personally not mind if he'd consider migrating the forum over to my website so features like search and Unicode would work (and because presumably that's where we'll all end up anyway / it's more secure)

My website is not ready but this forum could be setup to seamlessly redirect over to it without any URL changes (edited: and for new people; I set this forum up / so drama aside, a move to "my forum" would not change anything you're used to)

Oh I just remembered the #1 reason this would make perfect sense...

The "loading" times on this server are cruel and inhuman torture :evil:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 08:40:08 pm »
I've got nothing bad to say against Joe, i liked his company alot and his game looked amazing.

To me, i dont feel that there was anything really to gain or lose other than a great gaming experience. Joe was an active poster, so its a bit strange not seeing his posts.

He'l be back though. All that work for nothing? I dont think so.