Author Topic: I'm pretty much willing to pay $ for a demo!!!  (Read 4497 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: I'm pretty much willing to pay $ for a demo!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 07:40:16 am »
Dynasty strikeforce is like... Superhero meets historic legend... With some odd customisations. In the old dynasty games, you could play as more or less traditional looking characters, whereas strikeforce has a new art direction, lu bu looking like someone out of naruto or a japanese comic. Yeah, its a huge change, but its fun, sometimes.

I have to admit i agree with you here, when i played LOZ:Ocarina of time, i thought the game was going to end with
*spoiler!* *spoiler!* *spoiler!* *spoiler!* young link. I was wrong of course. When i was wrong i felt good that there was plenty of time left to finish what i had come to enjoy alot.

I feel happy playing games with big replay value... I'm trying to intergrate this into Rathmor. I have alot of ideas how to do this now, but it will be limited.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 12:33:33 pm »
Not all types of games work with that dynamic. It's really only valuable (and even appropriate) for games with character development and the freedom to pull off that kind of 180 degree change. Ocarina and SOTN (Castlevania) are maybes examples of exceptions... mainly you're talking classic CRPG (FF6) for example where that sort of thing is a must. Usually a better deal for something like KF its to just give the player a final or extra dungeon that lets them level all the way up and potentially takes as long to complete as the rest of the game did. In a really emmersive game like KF you don't want to do anything too gimmicky.

A better way of thinking about it perhaps, is when it seems like the end is nigh, that's when the milking begins. You gotta just keep giving the player as many scenarios as possible to keep the game going. And if they like the game they'll think you for every one. Nothing's worse than a quick and snappy ending. Draw it out for at least half the length of the game :rolleyes:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 03:58:20 pm »
Usually a better deal for something like KF its to just give the player a final or extra dungeon that lets them level all the way up and potentially takes as long to complete as the rest of the game did.

Not a bad idea, but thats really castlevania.  :biggrin:

Ill keep it in mind though. I had planned on an "arena" so to speak.