Author Topic: I'm pretty much willing to pay $ for a demo!!!  (Read 4496 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
I'm pretty much willing to pay $ for a demo!!!
« on: August 23, 2010, 03:04:41 pm »
Man I am bored of games.  I just spent the last weekend going through every old game I had on my psp and I am pretty much out of good games that I am willing to play through.

I am offering money, I dunno $10 maybe? If someone will just bring out a good demo SOM game for me to play so that I have a shred of hope that something worth playing will come my way soon!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: I'm pretty much willing to pay $ for a demo!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:31:30 pm »
Ever played monster hunter freedom unite? Really good in my opinion.

Also can you play SoM games on the psp?

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:57:40 pm »
You could always play with Dark Destiny :evil:

Personally I feel as if I never got to play a completed version :ninja: (which I would pay 10$ for)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:01:47 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 08:43:36 pm »
Ill upload 1.0.7 for you holy :P its about as bug free (finally got the library working 100%) as the game will likely be.  It also has the addition of the red/blue water (instead of every fountain having gold) and i fixed a few other misc bugs...probably the best thing is I reduced the amount of lag grass present in several areas so hopefully you can navigate the forest etc without creeping to a halt on fps.

I think I added Seath's helmet as well (it was accidentally missing from 1.0.6).

Im not sure how much more complete it can be since I dont plan to revisit it story/graphics wise.  Maybe someone will do a DD2010 someday  :rolleyes:
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:07 pm »
Ill upload 1.0.7 for you holy :P its about as bug free (finally got the library working 100%) as the game will likely be.  It also has the addition of the red/blue water (instead of every fountain having gold) and i fixed a few other misc bugs...probably the best thing is I reduced the amount of lag grass present in several areas so hopefully you can navigate the forest etc without creeping to a halt on fps.

I think I added Seath's helmet as well (it was accidentally missing from 1.0.6).

Im not sure how much more complete it can be since I dont plan to revisit it story/graphics wise.  Maybe someone will do a DD2010 someday  :rolleyes:

Well obviously integrating Ex would be a start. And speaking of which the basic grass sets are just not going to be D3D9 compatible, so they will have to be replaced. Besides the fact it's not a question of how many of those grass objects there are because even one is disasterous. You also at minimum should replace all of those opaque water objects that the player can't possibly fall into with 2 polygon squares, because everyone adds a ton of fill to your scene which is what makes using the Aquarian boots in the water are grind to a halt (and impossible on many computers)

All in all I consider DD about 75% complete as is (without adding any new content -- but I think it's screaming for additional content) cough, movies...

I'll be glad to see it more complete, but probably won't start a new game unless a serious effort is made to revamp some stuff.

You've run a marathon and ducked out when you saw the finish line. You need to dust off your shoes and at least get it done.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:33:48 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 09:35:56 pm »
Ever played monster hunter freedom unite?

If ever there was a game title that was enough to render a game utterly dismissible in and of itself :ninja:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 03:21:02 pm »
Oh, i thought my post was dismissed entirely.

Well i didnt judge it by its title and got many good times out of it.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 04:28:42 pm »
Nah your post wasnt dismissed, I just hadnt looked into MHFU yet.

BTW, SOM on a psp?  I really doubt it.
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 07:14:20 am »
I had fun on dynasty warriors strikeforce... Playing first time through is good.

Also, Tenchu: time of the assassins has a nice map editor, and its probably cheap now. If you ever get it, i could send some map data to you.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 01:20:40 pm »
Is "dynasty warriors strikeforce" set in an alternative future?? Because otherwise those are two phrases which should never be uttered in the same :doh:

I'm finishing up Grandia and will probably next play the PSOne SMT:If (Megami Tensei) revamp once it's released on the PSN. Now listen up... I'm going to reveal the secret to a satisfying CRPG experience :cool:

In order to completely win over the heart of the player. When the game feels like it's about to be over, and is working towards a climax.... when that climax comes and the player is worried it's all about to be over... that has to turn out to be the halfway turning point of the game. You pull the player out of that catharsis and they will never forget. But if the game really does end there, then they will feel dejected. And even if it was a solid game, they won't come away with the same visceral fondness for the game. And when they do get to the final end of the game, they will feel like they were given an extra life time, and have no reason to complain, and will be able to finish the game in peace.

All the best games have this, and the most ill received games come to an end half a game too soon when the player is sure it's just a mid game setup, but the game actually ends, that's total poison for your game.

Hard mode doesn't count.