Author Topic: A sort of request, questions... and a hello. ^_^  (Read 18733 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: A sort of request, questions... and a hello. ^_^
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 04:23:51 am »
A bus accident?? That's way too vague... give us something we can visualize :evil:

Offline dragoonblade

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 12:57:33 pm »
Well, to put it simply... I was running across the road to get to the store and a bus slammed right into me and sent me crashing through another car's roof when I landed. I broke one of my arms and both legs had to be relocated at the hip and the knees (which hurt quite bad. T_T) so I'm trying to take it easy but still continue my work. Sorry if I worried any of you lot by my absence.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 06:12:55 pm »
I broke my arm pretty good as a kid. It sounds like if your legs are ok maybe I have more net damage :crying:

If you're an American or hail from some equally backwards country, it's a shame but I worry more about your billing situation than your health :rainbow:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:50:48 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 07:49:26 am »
Oh my! Thats terrible... I hope you get better soon.

If you need any help with 3d modelling let me know.

Offline dragoonblade

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 08:06:46 am »
I'm still working on the game I'm making in SOM but I'm still in need of a few bits (the Galth Fee set particularly) for it. Also, I'm in the UK, which is worse as taxes are insane here (3x anywhere else. Guaranteed.) But... I'm gonna keep working at it. ^_^;

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 03:48:24 pm »
I'm from the UK too, so i know about it. Galth fee set? Care to elaborate?  :biggrin:

Offline dragoonblade

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »
The Galth Fee set (Dark Armour, Lightning Helm, Death Walkers, Skull Shield and Demon Hands) that were in KF2 (The one where the dark slayer is made. ^_^) . They had really cool, evil looking appearances (especailly the dark armour with the demon hands and death walkers. Just made it look win.) and were quite powerful, but imposed a effect on you for using them.

Lightning helm randomly casted Lightning Bolt (I do not understand how demonic equipment uses a light spell, but meh)
Dark Armour made you have the effects of the dark status (which, suprisingly, is useful in the final area on your eyes)
Demon Hands made your attacks slower to recharge
Death Walkers stopped you from being able to run.
Skull Shield slowly drained your HP.

So, overall, they were a sinister set of equipment that looked awesome, had sweet stats, but overall hurt too much to use in the long run bar a few.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2010, 06:28:25 pm »
Galth Fee is the figure from KFII who wore the impairing (some would say demonic) armor.

I would not mind having the set myself. I reckon I will just use that for my project because the main armor is also life draining (though somewhat mitigated by a life regeneration dynamic that is a function of the player's stats)

I'm assuming you would want a new and improved set. Todd did a pretty good job with his Gladiator Armor set in DD. He might be best qualified to coordinate such an initiative. I still feel the best place to start would be the original models with the original textures in an atlus. Then you could just add some polygons to the model and double or quadruple the size of the texture and fill in the squares with new stuff.

I think it would look interesting if the design was refashioned to look more crustacean like. The helmet kind of looks like a starfish (and the lightning attack is vaguely like a Anglerfish/electric fish) and the armor vaguely kraken like. And well the general motif is shell like. And what's darker than the bottom of the ocean? It's kind of Cthulu-esque. Anyway that would be really interesting. I'd like to see that but I still would maybe reskin it to be basically black for my project because I think I'd only be using the body/arms/legs fused into one body equip and would like for it to match the sword I like etc.

EDITED: Woops, seems I'm a little slow to post.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2010, 06:42:21 pm »
Well it's Galth Fee's armor (so it's explained to me) ... there's no rule it has to all be consistent. The helmet stands out esthetically and has no disadvantages (unless the lightning bolt drains your MP -- I don't think I ever found/knew of the helmet myself until my involvement here)

There's also no rule that Light is not also demonic in the KF universe. One dragon is of light and doesn't seem any better than the other. In fact I was always of the belief the light dragon was the truly evil dragon, but that debates been worn pretty thin around here and I don't think anyone has been able to make much sense of everything. The only thing I'm pretty sure about is the light/dark element is emblematic of the taijitu which holds in theory ultimately neither side is good/bad (and if there is any clear indicator both are maybe corrupting forces)

Both of the words Moonlight and Dark Slayer cleverly suggest ambiguity between light and shadow.

PS: I put so much work into Som you guys should pool together and at least come up with 10,000$ a year for me (not really so much considering the baseline salary I would theoretically get from an employer)

However I would also accept (for the time being) if we could just form an art committee and rationally/democratically vote on what new communal assets we'd like to have. Then artists would rush out and selflessly make it so, and thus Som games would be much better on the whole :smokin:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:46:33 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2010, 06:54:31 pm »
I'm still working on the game I'm making in SOM but I'm still in need of a few bits (the Galth Fee set particularly) for it. Also, I'm in the UK, which is worse as taxes are insane here (3x anywhere else. Guaranteed.) But... I'm gonna keep working at it. ^_^;

If taxes were 3x what they are in the states you'd be collectively paying the government more than your GDP which would be very patriotic of people with old money and well mathematically impossible for everyone else :evil: