Author Topic: A sort of request, questions... and a hello. ^_^  (Read 18737 times)

Offline dragoonblade

• Bow Bearer
Re: A sort of request, questions... and a hello. ^_^
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 04:52:16 pm »
Thank you for the excellector model! ^_^ And also thanks for explaining where exactly I need to put it. Now I'm going to test this out and if all is well, I'll be able to progress a bit with the game I'm making.

Edit: Huh, it seems that it's trying to overwrite the crystal1 txr file that's already on there. What should I do about this as it might be important? I am also a little puzzled as when I try to preview this item in the parameter editor it doesn't show (but I guess that's normal?)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:19:33 pm by dragoonblade »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 06:48:37 pm »
The textures are very easy to capture.... do I have to make a tutorial or something :confused:

Offline dragoonblade

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 07:02:54 pm »
I would guess if people are really struggling, a tutorial would be helpful... o_o; I'm currently playing with the excellector model and I can see it works (and is abnormally bright when being swung around... but, when one gets something for free, you don't look a gift horse. ^_^; )

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 08:40:17 pm »
For the crystal1.txr dont worry about overwriting it, it is the same texture i used on a lot of items/objects so it is all the same.

The lighting of the item will vary dependant on how you light your map and what angle you set the light sources from.  I could recommend certain lighting settings, but honestly, its really up to preference.

If the swing animation is too light, I can darken it no problem.  Previewing the item it will look really weird because it doesnt have 'baked in' shading on the texture, i simply darken certain sections of the UV map to accomplish a generic shading which doesnt show up in the editor.

Ill darken up a swing model and upload it for you to try...

As for getting the original texture, I wouldnt have any problem grabbing it using Holy's method, I just don't feel like spending 15-20 hours running through KF2 to get a save game that has the 3rd sword to grab the texture ;)

Maybe someday.

Dragoon...if youd like I can send you the .mqo files for the sword and slashing models so you can retexture them as you please.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 08:54:58 pm »
download this file and replace the current one, it should be a darker variation of the swing.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline dragoonblade

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 05:32:54 am »
It's still plenty bright, which means I've got to tinker with the light settings for the map to make it look right. ^_^

Also, in regards to that problem... you can always use cheat codes to get the items in your inventory (and even some items that haven't been programmed with anything specific, such as the 'A' potion). I can send you the link to the codes for both KF 2 and KF 3 if you need them, it'd save a LOT of time trying to get up to that point.

As for lighting suggestions, I would be happy to take any suggestions there (so I can have sections that are dark and moody but not impossible to see in like the jap KF SoM) and some that are bright and seemingly full of life (like towns and stuff)

A thing that's just come to my attention and has me curious is the lack of a 'dark' element or energy in the SoM editor yet a 'dark' sword magic exists (which is just a edited wind sword magic *cough*) as well as the lack of ability to inflict poison damage or have slow effect on equipment. Is there any way to actually do anything about this? The reason I ask this bit is that it kind of bugs me that I'm going to have to put the Dark Slayer as a sword that has no actual dark trait. o_O
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 07:53:13 am by dragoonblade »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 09:43:37 am »
There might be save games uploaded on Gamefaqs or somewhere. Might try asking for saved games in the Agetec boards, or wherever people congregate. BTW, As I recall I don't think Todd ever gave me a Galth Fee set save game because he didn't have the helmet yet or something.

But yeah, I was always implying that someone needs to come up with the save games first :evil:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 09:50:18 am »
A thing that's just come to my attention and has me curious is the lack of a 'dark' element or energy in the SoM editor yet a 'dark' sword magic exists (which is just a edited wind sword magic *cough*) as well as the lack of ability to inflict poison damage or have slow effect on equipment. Is there any way to actually do anything about this? The reason I ask this bit is that it kind of bugs me that I'm going to have to put the Dark Slayer as a sword that has no actual dark trait. o_O

You can use one of the elements for a dark element. Most KF games did not have a dark element btw. Maybe KF4 was the first. In Dark Destiny Todd swapped the light element for dark, which was consistent with the story. In one of my projects I've replaced the pierce affinity with light and made light dark. Which I found acceptable because bows/arrows are not really present in Som.

Just remember that the three strength based affinities work differently than the 5 magic based ones. So like in my project you have the four elements derived from dark magic. And light magic is something else, more aligned with the physical realm or whatever. Alternatively you could go with a three way elemental setup and fit dark/light in with the magic affinities.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:52:10 am by Holy Diver »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 10:01:35 am »
PS: Out of curiosity. With the MDO format, have you guys been able to make transparent objects that are also lit? Like for the Excellector it is transparent but also you want those sharp edges to be shaded by lighting. I know (or am pretty sure) from my experience with the MDL format both varieties (lit/unlit) are available. BTW: I dunno if you can use a mdl file for items or not. I don't think I've ever seen one... but it would not surprise were it possible.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:03:12 am by Holy Diver »

Offline dragoonblade

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 10:14:38 am »
Hmm, I haven't done the model stuff too well (I kinda fail at it) so I can't really say Holy. But like I said, you don't NEED save games, I can provide the links to codes so you can just simply have the items right off the bat (As well as have items that generally weren't included or disappear like when Excellector changes form).

As for replacing... I really don't think that'd be appropriate as I want to make use of all six elements (like KF4 did). So I guess I will just need to make do with what we have and work around it (Until someone makes a editor that does allow these things XD)