Author Topic: water world crash  (Read 5197 times)

Offline prince lyle

• Long Sword Swinger
water world crash
« on: August 17, 2010, 07:01:52 pm »
Thank you for one awesome kicka-- game.You wanted to make the player earn everything they get.I love some of the surprizes you come up with in place of wall spikes.I have problem in opening water world.You are teleported there and screen has warning about silence and you hit any key to start.When i do DoM quits and i am in desktop.i tried different armour,weapons,acc,even nothing.i tried leveling up equipping different magic.I even keep 2 saves of all progress nothing helped.i would be greatful for any help thank you again

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: water world crash
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:54:15 pm »
The "warning about silence" is the name of the level BGM  :wink:

People report these kinds of problems now and again. There's usually not a whole lot you can do about it. There is usually something quirky about the level that causes the problem. If you attached your save game the author might be able to see if the crash can be replicated or try to play your game past the crash and save it for you (and hope it doesn't happen again)

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 04:31:45 pm »
There are quite a few variables as to why that does that.  I believe most of them have to do with in game schematics rather than memory or physical requirements/demands, but really...   I don't know.  Sword of Moonlight can be a rather mysterious creature;.

I remember a test that John did where I never picked up any monster golds, and the game would crash upon him going to the next area. 

Activating an item, but not picking it up is a good way to have a freeze as well.
(objects, enemies, map pieces have never generated any problems within both games of SoM I've made.  Every problem has been linked to items in one form or another.)

Is the water area the last area you have to complete?  If not, I'd try somewhere else.
If it is, I'd go over some previous areas - check for items left.

Worse case scenario?  You can download a save file from the DOM website.

http://www.kings-field.com/som/dom/

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline prince lyle

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:33:12 pm »
Thank you once again for your time.I pulled out saves and started over with same downloaded files.I have already opened all worlds with no errors.I believe problem was in my game saves not download or bug on your end.I love the game and hope to see more of your work.