Author Topic: Final area: getting the last two elemental hearts (hint req)  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Naldyc5

• Bow Bearer
Final area: getting the last two elemental hearts (hint req)
« on: April 05, 2009, 12:15:41 am »
I managed to gain access to the final area (with your help Hguols). I'm in the area now and I've managed to get the Heart of Vindene and the Heart of Farvann. However, the two other sub-areas seem to be inaccessible ("There is no way to open this now"). I've lit the pedestals from one gate with my staff of invoke Fire, but I don't know what effect it had. I have a hunch that the two other hearts are in the dark perspective of this area (if it exists), so with that thought I've been looking for a lamppost to use the Illuminante, but I found none. Also, I do not notice anything that might make me think I have to upheave or displace. Hints?

Also, I used the coin given to me by the (apparently evil) mage and it summoned some headless skeletons. I tried wacking them with the staff of invoke earth, but it was useless and I got killed. Do I need to fight them and win in order to gain access to one of the two sub-areas?

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Final area: getting the last two elemental hearts (hint req)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:55:38 am »
There is no "dark perspective" to the Grimoire Grand Hall.

You have the right idea in "whacking" those skeletons with the Staff of Invoke Earth staff.  (by whacking, I'm assuming you mean USE ITEM while close to them.)

It might be a little tricky, but if you turn and strafe (circle the enemy) to dodge, move in to use the staff, those bringer's of death will disintegrate before you.

Personally, I take a fairly aggressive approach.  Get very close to them and "whack" them.  Be quick!

Defeating those 4 will open the Earthen section....  

Who knows, you might find a few more light-able torches in the earthen section to help open the fire section.  ^_^

Congrats on getting two of the hearts.  You're nearing the end of the game!

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.