Author Topic: Backing up Save Games?  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Serek

• Long Sword Swinger
Backing up Save Games?
« on: May 31, 2010, 08:02:15 pm »
The game with all my progress is saved on my laptop right now. I have Dark Destiny installed on both my XPS desktop and my laptop, but my progress isnt the same on both. Is there any way that I can use a jump drive to take my save game from my laptop and move it to my desktop so that i dont have to start all over?

And a bit off topic, but another question, the forums are seeming to crawl lately to me. It takes anywhere from 10-30 secs to load each link once i click it. Any other website doesnt do that, and my internet connection is perfect. What could cause that? 

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Backing up Save Games?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 10:19:23 pm »
You can copy the save games from the Save Data folder wherever you installed the game to.  If you dont want to overwrite slots you can always change the name of the file by the proper incremented number.

As for the forum, its not on your end.  Ipower, the service that hosts this site's webspace, is slower than crap anymore because they use crappy shared servers.  Someday the server may get moved.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Serek

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 10:48:50 pm »
Ok i see, I was able to transfer my game.

Thanks for the reply...

I think i may have just found a bug too. When you leave the shore and go through the secret door by the chest that contains the wind crystal...you wind up working your way through some caves, ultimately leading to the snake monsters and then you wind up coming out in front of the (Dragon?) that is spitting 5 fireballs at a time at you...you can run left and jump in the water. The thing is when i went to climb the stairs, i fell through the map and died.

So now i get to run all the way back XD

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 12:53:27 am »
So now i get to run all the way back XD

That happens sometimes. The Dragon Fruit items make it a little less painful. I think John had tweaked some of the stock map pieces to make them less porous but I'm not sure.

It's very easy to fall thru the ground near the mushroom monster in the same area.

Offline Serek

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »
So what would you suggest i do then? The dragon pretty much 2 hits me at this point, i have 2 mana, and no moonstones. (meaning i cant use fire spell on the door sealed by ice)...my kings field 1 and 2 came in today though. Now im just waiting on console. :]

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 08:14:06 am »
Well you don't actually need to fire magic at the door to break it, so head back to the ice door.  Inside is a fountain that will restore all your magic.

If you have not found it yet, there is a crystal flask hidden in the green water in the first area that you can use to draw water from the fountain and replenish your health/magic.  If the dragon is too difficult at this point, run past him!  You can safely navigate around him by going under the waterfall or just by running through the lake (though I guess it isnt safe if you fall through the steps!)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder