Author Topic: Introduction/Thank you  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Serek

• Long Sword Swinger
Introduction/Thank you
« on: May 29, 2010, 06:00:18 pm »
Ok, so i just started playing Dark Destiny, really liking it so far...but im at the part in the beginning where i just got the Earth Crystal from the cave, where the guy says hell give you the key to the city but winds up really not doing it :p...anyways, the crystal says "Magic Learned" when you obtain it and you get the support magic "Earth Heal"...I have 44 mp, and my magic i think is at 18 right now. My character lvl is 11...Under my bar for attack wait, the MP bar isnt there. I know theres supposed to be a blue bar but there isnt. And when i click to use the magic it just leaves the menu screen, but never will cast it?  

Am i missing something here? This is the only spell i have, and it wont cast!

EDIT: I figured it out actually, you have to get the fire crystal from the lighthouse and learn an offensive magic spell in order to gain the blue magic bar before you can cast any of the defensive magic spells.

It has been forever since ive played kings field, when i was younger i LOVED Kings field 1 and 2 for ps one. I played them non-stop and even my email since i was 15 years old (im now 21) has been Seath15@yahoo.com. :]

Id just like to say that the Sword of moonlight tool, and especially Dark Destiny, are both really nice to see out for the public. It really took me back to the golden days of gaming, where games were still a challenge, and you still really got into the role of the character instead of the new games where it just feels as if you are running someone else to their goal. Dark Destiny actually inspired me, and i got on Amazon today and ordered a psone console, memory card, and kings field 1 and 2. Im excited to finally play through them again! :]

Anyways, I guess im trying to say thanks for Dark Destiny, DMP Designs. It's really an incredible game, and it seems almost as if im playing all of the kings fields at once.  :smile:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:33:49 pm by Serek »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: Introduction/Thank you
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 03:11:28 pm »
Wow, as I recall your level has to be really high to pluck out that earth crystal. I knew there was a problem with not having a magic, or possibly not having one equipped (can't remember) but not being able to cast support magic that's a nice little Som bug I'm not sure we were aware of. If the beginning of DD is ever redone probably stealing the fire crystal should be a fetch quest for Guyra / upon return Guyra could teach Necron how to use magic (unlocking crystals for use)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 07:16:47 pm »
Ya its an unfortunate bug of the SOM engine, if you dont have a magic equipped, the bar will not appear.  I was hoping people wouldnt get the earth magic before the fire magic, but its kinda cool to know that not everyone takes the same path through the opening areas.

Im glad youre enjoying it, the best reward for making a game like DD is feedback, even if it were negative, at least you know someone is playing :)

There are a few really great projects in the works by the talented folks who frequent this board.  Definitely keep us book marked for updates on them, and be sure to try out Tom's games DoM and Trismegistus, they will give you some good hours of play time too.

Holy is in the process of extending the functionality of SOM, so I would imagine in the future you should see far superior games to Dark Destiny when they get some of his augments integrated.

Keep up the progress with DD, and let me know if you get stuck any further.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Serek

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 08:26:08 pm »
You know the funny thing is the first save crystal in the starting area, there is a green slime that respawns after you save and return to the hallway, i kept killing him and saving, repeat until i was lvl 5 before i ever even left the starting area. I found it extremely difficult trying to adjust and get used to the controls on the PC rather than the Playstation console im used to with these games. Especially taking on multiple monsters! So i decided to lvl up some, and once i found the short sword it became more manageable from there. I went to obtain the earth crystal at lvl 10, it wouldnt let me pull it out due to lack of strength. On my way out of the cave i killed 1 more skeleton, and leveled up to 11. I figured i may as well double check and sure enough, at lvl 11 you can get the crystal! I didnt really know that it was expected to get the offensive fire spell before that one though. Once you get the fire spell the defensive will cast with no problems.

Anyways, I have read all the posts i could on these forums. Ive played with sword of moonlight countless hours, trying to get as much of it figured out as possible, and I definitely look forward to future releases from others on these forums.

And i beleive dmp, that you are the one i emailed a few days ago, about the difference in crucial and normal items in the SoM item editor...if that rings any bells  :tongue:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:35:28 pm »
Yup, and if you need any help making a game let us know.  Sorry Im not around much, been working on some xbox 360 indie games and it takes up most of my free time these days....the game we will be releasing sometime mid June is called 'steam heroes', its a play on bejewelled/puzzle quest with a steam punk atmosphere.

Here are some of the good guys/bad guys in the game so far.
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 10:27:41 pm »
^Those look pretty solid. Still working on the other stuff from before?? (again with the thread hijacking)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 11:36:42 pm »
This is actually a quick side game Im working on to get practice.  The programmer of this game is going to be the company that takes on the Shadow Edge project ....but that will have to wait a while, its a bit too ambitious for the indie games, it will need to be on the XBLA so i can utilize more than 150mb.

Wee thread hijacking!
Site Founder