Author Topic: 'Mytrosia' and 'Fallen By The Way' News  (Read 16877 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: 'Mytrosia' and 'Fallen By The Way' News
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 11:13:12 am »
Looking back at these screens, they are incredible really. I couldnt see them as well on my old monitor because the brightness was poor. Now i can see them properly, i realise what Joe meant when he said "i know which colours work well with SoM" Well you certainly do, the wood texture for the cabin is really good... Trust me i know how hard it is to get a proper texture that lines up well.

Joe, you've dissapeared again, but dont give up because youre game will be really great.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 11:24:27 am »
Now i can see them properly, i realise what Joe meant when he said "i know which colours work well with SoM" Well you certainly do, the wood texture for the cabin is really good... Trust me i know how hard it is to get a proper texture that lines up well.

FYI: The only thing Joe could really mean by "which colours work well" would have to be referring to Som's gamma ramp (whether he realized it or not) ... well with Ex there is no longer a gamma ramp unless you really really want it, and the colours you get are the colours you'd expect (the same as the ones in your files)

The brightness in the options under Ex now adjusts brightness the same way brightness probably works in TVs. It's a conservative adjustment so the range gets squashed but never clipped (detail is preserved)

Also the brightness adjustment is only applied to stuff that is lit, so the menus etc are not effected. They look better as is, and should have enough contrast to not need adjustment. And it's important to preserve the fullscreen images etc as they are. If you're having trouble seeing a game, you should probably adjust your desktops gamma if you can.

PS: As for textures lining up, you just need to make sure your vertices and uv components are equal where the seams are and everything will be perfect. There's no magic there. One equals one and two equals two. Copy/paste the numbers by hand if you must.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:26:29 am by Holy Diver »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 11:51:32 am »
Well first you have to find a texture to do that properly. You cant just take a picture of a wall and expect it to fit in properly, it needs edited so that the bricks et are straight entirely, or you'l have alot of rotation to be done, and thats a real pain.