Author Topic: 'Mytrosia' and 'Fallen By The Way' News  (Read 16889 times)

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
temp
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 11:56:02 am »
Sorry Guys, you know I love ya both , but I have to disagree...CUBES may work for you guys, but in the end the are not the way to go or at least for me........ I tried all types of cube variations....., and cubes yes cubes create more holes than a swiss cheese factory...... However FLAT SINGLE sided planes are the true way to go and I believe ALL som Stock pieces are built that way........ I had to learn the rules of mhm, Now I have it down to a SCIENCE, and have not had any further issue.....The rules of planes as mhm is as follows........ Som does its mhm pass, in x2mhm.exe from north to south ........ All planes must be Single sided only , if you make a piece double sided, it becomes a death trap...... All pieces must touch with the exeption of door ways.... And as long as you make sure they are not longer than 600 Centimeters... (that was the problem I had) I cut my size to 590 centimeters all was perfect....As far as I can tell there are no hieght restrictions to MHM only width ......Anyway I got Whole building MHM set done , and it is perfect.........I know cubes may have worked for you two, but for me, Planes is the way of the walk............And in a little while I will be able to prove it, in fact , Todd, would you allow me to post a tiny demo of my buildings?, and then you can walk around in my little universe and see the smooth difference that a plane built MHM does....... Thanks for your advice both of you...... I can send you guys some of my findings in MQO format and you can play around with them if you like. But for me Planes works.... Especially for flooring:)  Happy modeling, and Todd let me know where I can put a simple two map demo?:)............ (with my custom pices it will still be a 400 Meg plus demo) I hate how when you output , it makes you output EVERYTHING, but anyway thats Som for ya:)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: 'Mytrosia' and 'Fallen By The Way' News
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 03:01:29 pm »
To each their own :)

I am glad you got it working.

Do you still have the ftp access info I gave you?  If so , just upload your stuff and post a link for the demo.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 10:56:40 pm »
I have new information if any one is interested:)   Topic: Stackable map tiles: It is common knowledge in SoM land that one cannot stack two map tiles on top of one another, Another well known fact is that one CANNOT walk under any other map pieces....( I found this out the hard way when I first started ) However map pieces can intersect the same space just fine........ Map pieces as far as I can tell heve no vertical size restrictions.... so what I did was made a basement for my buildings........ No how is the  fun part............ My cabin and house sets are 3 map pieces wide and one map piece high so to speak.........The house set uses the Middle square, I made the basement mirror the upper section...... both pieces use the same space and you can walk under the origanal part and not die........ the end result is TRUE stackable pieces.....Of course Typical SoM rules apply as far as objects..........Meaning dont put two objects on top of one another and put solid objects (like barrels to make sure you can't grab objects above or below you...... If you want further information on this including how to incorperate this in your own projects , please post or write to madisonlastrega@fallenbytheway.com , as I will always provide assistance.....................ML ..............PS will post pics later this evening................

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 01:13:44 am »
Here are thoses pics I promised............... (Next) A two story Crib with a basement, Ya know for the rich folk..... or a mayors crib or something:)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2010, 10:28:47 am »
Looking fantastic Joe, I wish you had made your game before mine, I would have loved to use this stuff in it.  I am almost tempted to make another game with SOM someday because of all the cool stuff you and Ben are making.
Site Founder

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2010, 01:05:08 pm »
Well thank you, I aim to inspire.................. :cool:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 04:45:31 pm »
Brilliant work my friend. I'm pleased to see the new stuff, its similar to mine. Basements, my favourite part of a building (in terms of exploration  :rainbow:) are in my game too, i love them. I created a 5 story building! And its fine as far as i'm aware.

Still... I need to fully test it. Good to see you posting more too Joe, always a good read and of course Todders.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 09:13:37 pm »
Once you guys finish your games...wanna work on one together? :P
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP