Author Topic: 'Mytrosia' and 'Fallen By The Way' News  (Read 16892 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: 'Mytrosia' and 'Fallen By The Way' News
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 03:31:31 pm »
Do you always have to suck the fun out of this forum...... You think maybe more people would join and post if they had FUN and did not feel like they had to be under a microscope of what to talk about or where to talk about it ?

That's what (regularly pruned) 1000 post random chatter stickies are for.

People search forums for information and you trample over peoples topics when you interject randomly.

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 01:47:31 pm »
Hi All,    Mytrosia's "card system" is almost finished...and once again I need advice.... Ok Mytrosia will feature something never never found in any other SoM title.... as far as I know ANY game for that matter...... Anyway... I wanted to use what little features that SoM had to do something out the box..... I agree with holy diver alot when he said ..... Games are so fake the way monsters have gold on them , boxes of goodies are just "everywhere"... So what I am diong to add more depth and just plain ol item collecting fun, is making money ALMOST non existant..Only hunamoid Eneimies will have gold.... For all other money, you have to be resorceful.
almost every weapon every potion, EVERYTHING in my world will have to be made..... so I came up with Recipie cards....
once you have the correct card you must go and hunt down all the correct goodies to make whatever it is your after...... The amount of "always on" events has been Massive, but not as bad as one might think, due to the fact that NOT all stores can make everything..... IE weapons must be made at the black smith...... Amor at the garrison........Potions at the pubs.....Ect but it is working:) ....SO FAR:)   all recipes are "MAPS" so ignor the little black dot on the cards:)  and once you use the correct "map" near the correct vendor......... the event will make a bottle or sword, or gloves or whatever you want to make........ Alot of stuff you can then sell to make dough:)    not all weapons will be cards some will be found, but most stuff is on a card SOMEWHERE....... there aare over a hundred currently....... I have all the cards made and most of the items ready to place.... but now I need some advice on , the looks of the "maps" the first two pics below are samples of how they look in som..... please tell me what one looks best........thanks in advance..............I have also included some still of how the cards look..........there 9 suits 12 cards per suit..and four SPECIAL cards......... enjoy the art.........ML

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 08:49:17 pm »
Jazzam, while not normally a fan of card games within RPGs (at all) that looks pretty unique.

I wonder if you just called them cards because you couldn't make them quit spinning in the item menu. That could maybe be prevented from happening. You could also still call them items but just display them as cards, so that maybe they could be spun off into a table top CCG.

One of the reasons I've been neglecting Som this last week is I've been putzing around playing MTG online. It wasn't something I could really fit into my schedule before I could play online, but I think the initial novelty is about to run its course. My brother is the MTG freak in the family. I just play with his cards. He sometimes sponsors me at tournaments when in town and gets the cards I win plus his own (he seems to get first place a lot)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:04:50 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 04:12:03 am »
Heres a sample of ONE of my new house designs for mytrosia , hope you all enjoy :)  Core house is only 4 map pieces too:).... a front two middles and a back......

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 10:48:08 am »
Looking good Joe...keep it up.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 08:56:07 am »
Can we have an update my friend?

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 11:42:05 am »
UPDATE:        Been working double shifts due to the the summer volume....... But still plugging away....  Have been working mainly this week on MHM and the pain that it is......... Speaking of MHM......... TODD would you mind telling me why possibly I am having such a time with my larger pieces?  I mean I have some mhm that is easy and works fine..However on my large pieces I am haveing a rough time getting it right....... Example in the pic below represents my house/ cabin MHM for the side walls........ The inside walls work fine, the distance and everything is ok, but the outter walls, I CANNOT get right.... I made them thicker and thicker till it just was walkthroughable.......  Finally I made a few trim pieces where the house meets the grass (pic 2) and I made an mhm that worked for the outter walls, But I can't figure out why I can't just use the house mhm, instead I have to *double* mhm my buildings:(.....Thanks in advance......ML

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 04:44:03 pm »
Joe my friend, i have had some serious MHM collision problems too. My advice to you is to simply create singular map pieces that you can join up. I know it takes more time and effort to sort out, but i made a map set that is very alike your cabin set and it works fine with individual pieces. It has a roof, floor and walls very similar to your own cabins.

You've probably contemplated it already. I've found that two blocks (not planes) work well together as MHM collision when you place the standing block into the floor block. For one of my sets i had to create a fat wall... It pushed out to possibly double the width of the msm wall.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 07:15:01 pm »
Joe, I definitely agree with Ben, all MHM pieces should be cubical and not flat.  Whenever you construct an object in meta to make a section for your mhm file choose the three dimensional objects and not the flat floor, that will help alot.

As for walls not colliding correctly, I dont recall ever having an issue with that...I would be willing to wager the issues youre having with the walls are stemming from the flat floor you are using believe it or not.  Also make sure your objects overlap instead of butt up against each other, or merge all your objects so that there are no spaces between anything, even 1 pixel is enough to make it walkthrough.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010, 07:08:27 am »
I had similar issues with a flat floor piece i created from a plane, thinking this was a good idea. It wasnt.

When i reconstructed it, i created a cube for the floor, and as a general rule now, i create walls floors and pretty much any map data (unless its a singular add on for the map) with a cube.

Somewhat off topic, with enterance data you are better off having an object placed in the entrance (like two support beams) that is made up of quite alot more pixels than your average. Its also good to triangulate the object you are placing here, i made a door set that didnt have support beams and was perfectly fine otherwise, and i often fell through it. I then created a different set and gave up. I made the door for this new set and its great, i have no issues, so i placed the construction idea into my new set and its fine too.