Author Topic: Diadem of Maunstraut  (Read 65777 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2009, 04:16:03 am »
For the record, I start drowning when I enter the rock caves now :evil:

^When playing from your open source download.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2009, 04:30:08 pm »
Hmm.

Have you deleted, overwritten or added any new objects to your maps?

When you look at an event setup in the master list (not the one you get to from the activity section, but the one you reach under map settings) you can see that the events are tied to specific item IDs.  In other words, if somehow a database ID that was pointing at the king now pointed at the grave or whatever, the event is still tied to the map object number, not necessarily the item/object name etc.  What I suspect may have happened, is if there were any events/objects/items placed on a map before you imported data, or if anything in parameters editor had been moved around, deleted or replaced, it may corrupt the whole events table in the database.

I dont know entirely whats going on behind the scenes, but i suspect the fact you are missing models has a lot to do with it.  For instance, say you are missing two item models that invalidate the map editor's references to them, you may shift the object IDs for the rest of the items/objects etc by 2, thus overwriting what may have been plant (1) in tom's data to king (1) in yours.  I can tell you right now, when I try to add custom models to mine, if I messed up a file along the way and invalidate an item/object already placed on the map....SOM will remove those items and replace those objects with ones that earlier were above them.

I would suggest getting all the files Tom has first, seeing if that fixes your issues, and if not we can dig further.

Tom would just have to pack up his 'data' directory and post it here for you to have all the same stuff.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2009, 05:08:16 pm »
Whatever is happening, it's a corruption or missing file thing. Basically the game is not doing what the editors says it should.

PS: I noticed when I used your install base (with all the add-ons) most of these sorts of issues went away. I think probably if I can get everything in there as you say, this will stop (it seems to be only something that is messed up on the playing end)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2009, 06:04:40 pm »
One thing you can do for an odd wind lair type effect is make a bunch of walking NPCs that are invisible. It gives you a sort of wind field to walk thru. You can even have touching one Slow you. But I can't figure any way to actually knock the player off their position. You'd think some enemy magic could do that, but I don't think so.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2009, 07:42:02 pm »
Once I get Tom's custom models, I will add them to my own and make a new installer pack so you can tons more stuff to use....just don't laugh at some of the crappy custom models I have in there  :oops:
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2009, 08:27:10 pm »
I might as well get honest - I'm pretty lost in this thread.

What is it you guys need?

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2009, 09:59:10 pm »
There are some files in DOM and Tris that dont exist on the SOM cd.

I have no idea where you got em, since John's site doesnt have them either ...(maybe martin?)

Anyways, to remix DOM, HolyDiver is going to need those files, and I would like to have them as well to add to the overall list of files everyone can tap to make games from.

What we need from you if you would like to humor us, is for you to take the contents of your data folder in your SOM directory and zip it up and load it up on the ftp server.  This would include all the models in your enemies/objects/items folders so that he would have everything placed on your maps.

Once I get that I will add all my customs to it and post a new SOM installer that has all the files the community has thus far so people wont need to download add-on packs.
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2009, 10:22:53 am »
I was being daft earlier poking around in an exe dump looking for counter addresses no less (and no luck) and I noticed there are two controller options that are spelled wrong... 7 has a c rather than C I think it was... which probably explains why my change did not take (I think that was this thread at least)

Fromsoftware should've playtested this to hell to figure out what game makers need, but it didn't even get play tested enough to find two typos in the controller configurations (not even patched via one of the updates??)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2009, 11:11:21 pm »
I just finished going thru all the items rearranging and pruning stuff as I pleased (things are really going to be different)

Anyway... there are a ton of items missing files. I think John has explained to me the .prf files are missing or something. So pretty much, I'm sure I have your data files, but I probably need your .prf files??

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Diadem of Maunstraut
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2009, 08:09:53 am »
Sorry for the delay - here's my som/data folder all zipped into a nice little rar archive.

SomData.rar

Again for the delay, had fun at work yesterday - I got to call the police, "residents" being "removed", etc.

What?  Excuses are like assholes? ...Everyone's got them and they all stink?  How unsympathetic!  ^_^

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.