Author Topic: Recommended Games!  (Read 35103 times)

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
Re: Recommended Games!
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2015, 04:31:55 am »
Vandal heart 2 was horrible. No idea why they tried change a good game into that.
I didn't bought vandal heart 3 yet. But it's in my huge waiting list. I'm finishing atm the trilogy FF for ps3(Final fantasy lightining returns last chapter). I hope start playing natural doctrine after that or finish skirim and oblivion.
I tried watch all scenes but the history is the worst in all FF history and I started skip all movie scenes after some hours. FF 13 is linear and boring . FF 13-2 is better(you can recruit almost all monsters) but they tried to do a tales of symphonia dawn of new world  clone and  they failed. FF 13 lightining returns is a little less boring( there's dlc to use aerith and cloud outfit!!!). They stopped focus on history and movie scenes but there's no monster recruitable this time so wasn't too good. In resume don't buy FF for ps3. Just rent for some days and you can finished around 25-30 hours each game. there's no replay value.
Anyway after I buy vandal hearts 3 I go give my feedback bro :ninja:

Btw: Another game you must play is shadow of mordor. Nemesis system is amazing.

quote author=HwitVlf link=topic=329.msg12010#msg12010 date=1421266321]
Vandal Hearts was one of my favorite PS1 games. It combined good story and solid characters with challenging gameplay. Vandal Hearts 2 was okay, but the "friend and foe act at the same time" mechanic made the battles way too predictable

I didn't know there was a PS3 pre-quel. The reviews seem lukewarm. Is it any good?
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:57:12 am by duredure »

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2015, 04:55:39 am »
Remember this? such a great game.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvt6aMCVFAU
Would be nice a game inspired only with this major battles..

Another thing: To who don't know some months ago Square released a mini game from FF 7 to android/ios ->Final Fantasy 7 G-Bike.

another game that I recommend is master of monsters disciples of gaia from psone. Because it's the closest of brigandine that you go find for playstation

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:36:36 am by duredure »

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2015, 04:25:53 am »
I played some games last weeks of ps3 and there's one that I need to share.
Dead island riptide.
Huge maps to explore, lots of weapons customization and skills
in my opinion is the best zombie game ever. Imagine gta + resident evil = dead island riptide.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2015, 05:07:46 pm »
I checked out Dead Island and long while back and it seemed disturbingly violent because the zombies were so human. They weren't even "evil zombie cult humans" but realistic regular people. Going around slaughtering masses of them kind of gave me the creeps. Are the enemies in Riptide still realistic "average people"?

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2015, 02:09:41 am »
The Longest Journey is basically up there with King's Field, for me. :D

This has been recommended to me in the past by MasterTaffer. It looks really interesting, and the story seems really well done... Something inspirational.
I know that funcom also released AoC (Age of Conan) which has some really nice artwork, which shares a similar style to my very early concepts.

Oh, on a side note, Bethesda have announced that TES:Online will become free to play, also news on a console release can be found here.

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2015, 04:32:22 am »
I didn't check dead island 1 yet but in riptide there's few kinds of zombies and most are too much human like u said.Some zombies even atack you with weapons and is deadly.  But imo I prefer this zombies in riptide than in last of us or resident evil.

I checked out Dead Island and long while back and it seemed disturbingly violent because the zombies were so human. They weren't even "evil zombie cult humans" but realistic regular people. Going around slaughtering masses of them kind of gave me the creeps. Are the enemies in Riptide still realistic "average people"?

Offline Mirsa

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2015, 03:46:10 pm »
VH3 is pretty bad.  The character development is non existent, the story is weak, and the leveling up / balancing is pretty badly executed.  The gameplay and actual battles on the maps are simple enough, and enjoyable.  The big turn off for me was that every single skill / spell you do levels up.  Want to cast AGI UP on an ally, you just got 20% EXP in your AGI UP spell...  Could be cool, but at the end of the day you end up with all of your characters being nearly identical, as its pretty easy to catch up on buffs at the end of a fight when you are in control.  I probably put around 15 hours into it and didn't bother to finish.  Came across as very low budget, shame they had to put the Vandal Hearts name on that.

Has anyone here played Kartia before?  PS1 strategy game that I never picked up.  Curious how that compares with the likes of my favorites (Brigandine, Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle.)

Also, Suikoden 2 appears to be available on PSN for PS3.  This is my favorite game of all time and its not even close.  RPG perfection.  This was extraordinarily hard to find, i think $500 on Amazon.  I would play Suikoden 1 first to get a good background for it.  Very simple, enjoyable 20 hour RPG with 108 recruitable characters and a story /  plot ahead of its time.  Suikoden 3 was also amazing for PS3, but 4 and 5 were kind of stinkers.

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2015, 04:08:54 am »
I played Kartia in japanese and gave up. Some year later I bought the english version and finished. It's a good strategy game but is not even close to tactics ogre.

Offline Mirsa

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2015, 12:58:53 pm »
duredure anything to add on Suikoden 2?  I noticed your avatar happens to be the most terrifying RPG villain of all time.

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2015, 01:42:38 pm »
suikoden 2 = die Pigs!
Luca blight and sephiroth to me are the more evil villain in the game history.