Author Topic: Recommended Games!  (Read 35099 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Recommended Games!
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:19 pm »
Wow 153 hours on Samurai 4 is epic! There must be lots to do.

I actually have Dungeon Maker for PSP. I hadn't gotten around to playing it yet though. Since you recommend it, I'll take it with me the next time I go on a trip.  :beerchug:

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2014, 02:05:46 pm »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/08/way-of-the-samurai-4-coming-to-pc-via-steam

Imagine how manys mods we can find after some time ;P

I can only say one tip for u bro. forget dungeon maker 1 and play first dungeon maker 2 first.
dungeon maker 1 from psp is very good as I a told before. But dungeon maker 2 is a whole new upgrade and totally more addicted with lots of differences from Dm1.

After you finish the game you unlock other char to play with totaly other skills and weapons. I find interesting in this game the drop rate of weapons, eggs, etc. It's very similar a mmorgs in pc with extremely low rate. Except quest items.
You can get most of monsters to fight  along you. For this you need kill lots of the same monsters and they go drop egg. I mean very rare!! So they can keep you playing. there's too 20 floors to you build and plus more 20+ with totally random monsters called ruins.
There's too special elemental floors that you need put special elementals to certain monsters started appear. You need put rooms a little away from main stair to monsters start appear. You can put opened chests deep in your dungeon after many rooms(probably the best is near corner very far from stair. So monsters go stay in ur room with chest and you can get some items from it.
There's also a special teleport that sometimes appear in your floor and you can fight all monsters only with your monster alone and is harder in later floors.
there's a dungeon maker 3 too called nanatama chronicle of dungeon maker I saw some gameplay videos and appear to be very darker than previous Dungeon makers. but the game is in japanese and impossible for me to play =s;

Psp had excelents games too bad psp age is over.
Ps vita don't have even 20% good games or 10% of  library of psp.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:15:52 pm by duredure »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2014, 02:41:24 pm »
It's great that Samurai 4 is being released for PC.

A sequel has been released to one of the games mentioned earlier in this thread - Legend of Grimlock 2. I played the first one and it was definitely in my "worth playing" category.  It's a fantasy themed puzzle, exploration, RPG where you control a group of characters. The main selling point to me was that the puzzles were laid out intelligently and the combat was well balanced and interesting.

So far, the sequel seems to be getting great reviews. If anyone wants to check it out, you can find it HERE.

PS This description from a review for Grimlock 2 reminded me of the gameplay from King's Field. Maybe that's why I like this game:
...there are no side quests, main quests, NPCs, doing chores for others, conversation etc. This way the game has a survival feeling to it, where its you against the island Love that focus.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:58:01 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2014, 10:22:44 am »
I go update my list from 2013. I had playing since my 9-10 years (I have 33 now)

PC

might and magic 6,7,8,9,10
heroes of might and magic 5 and 6
king's bounty(dos)
elder scroll morrowind
wizardry 7 and 8
mount & blade warband clash of kings(game of thrones mod)
tibia(played for 9 years and quit)
grandia 2
Spore
diablo 1 and 2
stunts(dos)
magic carpet
legend of krondor
eye of the beholder

ANDROID
bard's tale
aralon hd
battleheart
carmageddon
dungeon raid
pen and paper
royal revolt
puzzle quest
army of darkness defense(in my opinion the best castle defense ever made)

PS3(I bought in june 2014 so I go update from time to time)
shadow of mordor(the initial version 1.0 has bugs but they fixed all in v1.01 and even fixed the  heavy loading time)
gta 5(perfect game)
elder scroll skirim
star ocean international
dragon crown's
dragon dogma dark arisen
way of samurai 4(best way of samurai) this game is a must play please check it
red dead revolver redemption
red dead revolver nightmare(zombies)
Rogue legacy

WII

fishing resourt(Fishing + open world)- best fishing game ever made
xenoblade (one of the best rpgs ever made with huge open world) 
sports resourt(second best ping pong game ever made)
call of duty modern warfare (I still prefer playing cod in wii with wii controls than ps3)
monster hunter tri(best monster hunter for me)
tales of symphonia dawn of the new world

PSP

gladiator begins
Tactics ogre(but I prefer the old tactics ogre from ps1)
dungeon maker 1
dungeon maker 2(best game of psp) - please check reviews about it.
final fantasy  type 0(finaly is translated to english)
final fantasy tactics
Way of the samurai 1 and 2(best action games imo)
phantasy star portable 2
final fantasy 7 crisis core
cladun x2
what I did to deserve this my lord
elminage original
star ocean 1 and 2
warriors of the lost empire

DS

Master of monster lair(dungeon maker turn based)
etrian odissey
castlevania series
lock's quest
mazes of fate(very good rpg like wizardry 8)
pokemon conquest
pokemon black 2

PS2

tecmo's deception series
Way of the samurai 1 and 2(best action game)
radiata stories(one of the best random rpg ever made)
kengo 2
suikoden 3 and 5(suikoden 3 is the second best rpg ever made imo)
ephemeral fantasia
final fantasy 10 and 12
dark cloud 2(great game and fun)
colliseum road to freedom(Father of gladiator begins)
persona 3 and 4
gta vice city
summoner 1
summoner 2
grownlanser heritage of war

PS1

Tecmo deception
tactics ogre let us cling together(best strategy rpg ever made imo)
Final fantasy 7(top one  rpg ever made)
Final fantasy tactics(the psp version is better)
ogre battle
legend of dragoon
chrono cross
breath of fire 2 and 3
Vandal hearts
xenogears

SUPER NINTENDO

Evo(please check this game Is totally addicted) Action + rpg
legend of zelda a link to the quest(for me the best zelda ever made)
illusion of gaia

Master system

ultima 4
Miracle warriors
phantasy star
gain ground

N64

ogre battle 64
mario kart 64
zelda ocarina of the time

What sequels I would love:

ogre battle
dark cloud (wtf  this serie over?)
suikoden(like suikoden 2 or 3 with great history)
chrono trigger/chross(wtf  this serie over?)
evo search for eden (this game from sness is magic. Every game play is different)
breath of fire(like the breath of fire 3. The ps2 version was horrible)
Dungeon maker
Way of samurai(like the way of samurai 4)
final fantasy 7 remake
radiata stories
kengo
cladun

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:26:31 pm by duredure »

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2014, 04:53:17 am »
So I was playing gta 5 and planning to get 100%(takes around 100 hours of gameplay). And suddenly I heard some people saying about a new game to ps3 called rogue legacy. I bought and for mine surprise I stopped playing gta 5 for now and I'm playing rogue legacy for 15 days in a row. Why?

Because I fu...love castlevania games(not the 3d ones) and love creative rpg games.
Rogue legacy is a mix of dark souls + castlevania. This game have similar looking of android games BUT  It's not like stupid this android games. This game is so creative and unique like patapon was for psp.

Every time you enter in the castle is generated a new dungeon with different monsters. Everytime you die( you can die in the first 2 minutes or in some hours) you left a heir and he go keep some status and new abilities from your dead father. This game can be played in ps3,ps4,psvita, pc and linux.
I go copy some stuff to u guys see.

" The goal of Rogue Legacy is to explore a randomly generated dungeon, defeat four bosses in each of the four unique environments of the dungeon, and then defeat the final boss. Characters have the default ability to jump and slash with their sword, along with secondary abilities, such as magic attacks, which use mana.

Whenever a character dies as a result of losing all of their Hit Points (HP), control will transfer over to one of three randomly generated heirs which the player may choose between, though this number may be increased to six with a later upgrade. Each descendant carries their unique characteristics and abilities,including such genetic peculiarities as color-blindness (in which the game is presented in black and white), ADHD (in which the player moves faster) and dwarfism (in which the character is short and can fit into small gaps).

Gold found while exploring the castle is passed onto that character's heir and can be used to improve the abilities of any successive heirs. Gold can be found by smashing pieces of furniture, opening chests, or defeating enemies. There are also various fairy chests hidden throughout the castle, most of which require the player to complete an objective, such as taking no damage, in order to open.

Spending gold on the manor, which appears after a new heir is chosen, can increase stats, such as health and mana, and unlock and upgrade new classes that may be carried by one of the heirs. These include mages, which can use more advanced spells, warriors, who have higher strength, and assassins, who can use various stealth techniques and perform critical hits.

Gold can also unlock the blacksmith, the enchantress and the architect, who each provide their own services. The blacksmith can use blueprints found in the castle to create new armor and equipment for the player, improving their stats. Similarly, the enchantress can use runes found in fairy chests to give the player enhancements, unlocking additional abilities such as double jumping and dashing. Finally, the architect can lock down the design of a previously encountered castle (so that a new one isn't randomly generated) in exchange for a percentage of any gold found.

Any unspent gold must be paid to Charon in order to enter the castle, though upgrades can reduce the amount required to pay "

Ratings:
Destructoid 8.5/10
Edge 8/10
Eurogamer 8/10
Game Informer 8.5/10
GameSpot 8.5/10
IGN    9/10
Polygon    9/10
Wired 9/10

Ps: HwitVlf please don't buy this game(for now). Because I'm pretty sure you would stop doing the brig translation for a long long time haha.

:tongue:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:00:31 am by duredure »

Offline Kammu

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2014, 12:10:47 pm »
here's the list of games that I really like

PC
Black and White 1/2 <--- amazing. you can raise your own creature. and you can teach it anything.
Mount and Blade WarBand
Elder Scrolls V

Consoles/Handheld
Brigandine (PSX)
Chrono Trigger (PSX/NDS/Snes)
SMT: Persona 3 (PS2/PSP)
SMT: Persona 4 (PS2/Vita)
Monster Hunter Series (PSP/3DS)
Armored Core Series (PSX/PS2/PSP)
Way of the Samurai 3/4 (PS3)
Rogue Galaxy (PS2)
Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)

-Xenogears (PSX) would be there if the 2nd disc wasn't so disappointing
-the only thing that I like about FFs is their story. the content of the games isn't so spectacular, at least for me. and most FF have a low replayability(sp?) value too

I'm sure there's still more, but these are all that I can think of atm.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:36:59 pm by Kammu »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2014, 01:33:01 am »
Just a heads up. The game "Mount and Blade" has been mentioned by several people in this list. Gog.com is giving it away free for a short time only.  You can find the offer a little way down on the gog.com main page.

Mount and Blade Warband (the sequel) is a better game and has more fan mods, but the original M&B isn't a bad place to start if you've never tried the series. Warband is on sale also!  :1zhelp:

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2015, 03:59:30 pm »
So, I'm a big adventure fan, and I'm also a huge fan of the The Longest Journey saga. (The first game is pretty much the best pointy clicky ever, and I've played quite a few!) Recently, the original game got released on iOS - I'm hoping for an Android release, so I can play it on my Note 4, myself.

But even better, the first chapter of the five episode sequel(third game in the series) came out late last year, and the next episode will most likely be out well within the next two months. And despite having waited six bloody years for the next game in the series, they made such an incredibly good game that exceeded my expectations by far! That is, the first episode alone did that, so I'm pretty hyped about the future episodes! :D

(Also, the main writer and game designer left his secure job at Funcom to start up an indie studio, Red Thread Games, for this purpose alone. That takes a lot of courage and determination!)

The Longest Journey is basically up there with King's Field, for me. :D

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2015, 06:24:52 am »
I forget to add in my list a old ps1 game

Vandal hearts . Anybody played?
There's even a sequel vandal hearts for ps3.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2015, 03:12:01 pm »
Vandal Hearts was one of my favorite PS1 games. It combined good story and solid characters with challenging gameplay. Vandal Hearts 2 was okay, but the "friend and foe act at the same time" mechanic made the battles way too predictable

I didn't know there was a PS3 pre-quel. The reviews seem lukewarm. Is it any good?