Author Topic: Recommended Games!  (Read 34994 times)

Offline TheStolenBattenberg

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: Recommended Games!
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2013, 03:23:05 pm »
They're giving away Fallout 1,2 and Tactics

darn it, I just bought those on steam...
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust...
Honor to glory; And iron to rust.
Hate to bloodshed, From rise to fall.
If I never have to die; Am I alive at all?

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2013, 07:04:12 am »
LOl
I just forgot another excellent game that I played a lot.

Tactics ogre for psx. (there's also a upgraded version for psp with lots new stuff but I prefer the old from psx because is more adult and not anime like). I remember that took me around 100-120 hours to finish all the game in 100%(all hellgate twice).
In tactics ogre you can't finish only following the story you need train your army because 1-2 levels below monsters level can get u in a huge problem.
In my opinion is better and more adult than final fantasy tactics. Also tactics ogre is the father of ff tactics.

there's also ogre battle but I don't like too much.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2013, 09:02:17 am »
Thanks John for spending time linking those games. RTK means alot to me because it was the first RPG game I played. Its a damn shame that Pyrotechnix didnt make a sequel for it... Anyway anyone who likes a good story, decent ( :smile:) voice acting and a good item / stat system should check it out.

Okay I feel I should add these. They are third person games, and reviews suffer somewhat from die hard 2d castlevania fans. I really enjoyed these games.

Castlevania: lament of innocence

Odd title, but amazing game with the graphics pushed to the max on a PS2 game.
Lots of items and secrets, good story, some small puzzles and lots of free roaming.
Combat is easy to learn, but takes time to master along with learning new techniques.
It features a beautiful, haunting soundtrack...
The type you dont forget easily. The best part of it is that it is consistent and composed by one artist.

The protagonist is a noble and interesting character too, probably one of my fave Castlevania protagonists.

Castlevania: curse of darkness

Very similar to LOI but features a new character, who can summon beasts to do his bidding.
Slightly less immersive plot compared to LOI, but new features make up for that.
Crafting items is simple and materials are abundant, but if you want to make something really special you'l have to grind.
Steal items from enemies, it requires timing.
Amazing summoning system, keeping you interested from start to finish. Lots of quirky abilities like the ability to ride on your summon allow you to reach secret areas. Commanding your summon is quick and easy.
Great soundtrack, less haunting.

The only thing that slightly spoils these games is the over use of bright colours and the game lacks shadows.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:21:08 am by Verdite »

Offline AsusX2

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2013, 10:18:00 pm »
My fav new game is Path of exile. :badteeth:

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2014, 05:43:36 am »
Atm playing for the second time the tales of symphonia. This game has incredible replay value. You never get tired of battles

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 11:19:13 am »
I'm finishing of playing monster hunter tri from wii and it's in my opinion the best monster hunter ever!

A game that was recomended already is mount  & blade warband.
And this month was released a new patch 1.2 of a mod for this game Called clash of kings that is actually Game of thrones inside mount and blade!

Worth play.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 01:48:23 pm »
My personal fave is MHFU on psp, because of the content amount, its like a culmination of all previous monster hunters, and some.

Dont forget Gekokujo for MnB warband is out soon!

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2014, 07:53:12 pm »
I recommend Dark Cloud to those looking for a great PS2 dungeon crawler. It's an early PS2 RPG with really innovative townbuilding mechanics mixed with randomly generated dungeons. Great game if you give it the time.
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2014, 09:14:02 pm »
Yeah, I liked Dark Cloud! Dark Cloud 2 was similar but even better in my opinion.

That reminded me of good a game with a similar art style: Steambot Chronicles by Atlus. I originally played it's demo which was quite dry, but the actual game was pleasantly surprising with a good story, decent customization and pretty fun action battles. Its kind of a cross between Armored Core and kingdom Hearts if that makes any sense  :movingeyes:

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2014, 02:57:23 pm »
Yeah, I liked Dark Cloud! Dark Cloud 2 was similar but even better in my opinion.

That reminded me of good a game with a similar art style: Steambot Chronicles by Atlus. I originally played it's demo which was quite dry, but the actual game was pleasantly surprising with a good story, decent customization and pretty fun action battles. Its kind of a cross between Armored Core and kingdom Hearts if that makes any sense  :movingeyes:

I have all of those games. I really should get around to playing them soon! Someone else recommended Dark Cloud to me the other day, as well. :)