Author Topic: Recommended Games!  (Read 35110 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: Recommended Games!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 05:04:30 pm »
I've picked Mirror's Edge (my personal corporate sponsored spiritual successor to KING'S FIELD) up again here lately. The goal I think I've set for myself is just to "qualify" for all of the time trial courses before I will let myself put the game down for good in good conscience.

Anyway... just thought it was interesting, I usually look thru the weekly qualifying times for a ghost to race against. A lot of the server features like weekly best times seem to be down or something, so it may be a false indicator... but anyway there are only like 5 people on any given course that seem to have been seriously playing the game that week. The time trials are really the meat of the game, but it's possible a lot more people are just not playing the time trials, or the DLC courses (which are the ones I've been playing lately) but it just came as a shock to me that a game you see on store shelves would only have like 5 people playing it world wide on any given week.

I know it's past the launch window but it's still the same game, and easily in the top 5 best PS3 games (in my list anyway)

It also bothers me that a huge corporations like EA don't even support the online features indefinitely. Unless the game studio/producers are bankrupt it's a scandal I think for any game to go offline ever. It bothers me corporations would release a game without a commitment to support the online features forever. In the case of consoles, the console manufacturer should have a responsibility to carry on if the game companies are unable. From what I understand it's even very common for wholly online games like MMO's to go offline after a year or two :rolleyes:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 12:35:59 pm »
Anyone played nier?

Or Kuon?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2011, 01:06:40 pm »
Haven't heard of either...i like the screenshots though
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2011, 02:19:58 pm »
Did you notice the demon in the beams? :)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2011, 04:28:56 pm »
One of my onin no ran videos.

http://youtu.be/_Po9aPsgcew

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2011, 08:28:55 pm »
Your Onin no ran fighting style is similar to mine. I guess that avoid-and-snipe style is necessary when fighting large groups of enemies.
Here's a video from Fire and Sword.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 11:33:07 am »
You're good :)

Ive added two more videos to my channel.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 05:05:27 pm »
Dont mean to necro, thought id add one game given that most other games ive played have been dire since i started this thread.

Wizardry: Tale of the forsaken land

Bought this when i bought TAC , didnt work so i rebought it and its great! Developed by Atlus.

Like women who dont wear enough clothes? :sweatdrop: Er, I mean... Who are rogues? You'l see plenty in the game.

Enjoy being laughed at?

Laying on the ground?

The game feels like KF but you are restricted movement wise. The equipment doesnt have individual graphics in the inventory, but weapon graphics change when you attack an enemy (turn based) its generally a decent game with heavy text.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:09:30 pm by Verdite »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 05:44:06 pm »
Wizardry: TFL is definitely one of my favorite all-time PS2 games. It has some excellent enemy models/animations and an intelligent, enthralling story. There was a sequel in Japan (Busin 0) which I really hope to translate someday. I imported a copy, but there's only so many hours in a day  :goodnight:

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2013, 04:08:59 am »
King's Field for the PS1!!!!1 Wait ... :P

But really, have some game recommendations:

The Longest Journey - A point & click adventure game for the PC. Or should I say, THE point & click adventure game? The story, dialogue and visuals in this gem of an adventure is just incredible, and despite being over 15 years old now, it is still considered to be one of the very best adventure games to date!

Kuri Kuri Mix - A From Software title for the PS2, I posted a thread on this a little while ago. So much fun playing together with a friend! Can't recommend it enough!

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven - Fantastic stealth action game for the PS2, where you are rewarded for doing stealth kills instead of just fighting. Very cool! I can't say much about the rest of this series, but if this game is any indication, the other games should be well worth playing as well! Published by From Software, actually.

I'll probably come up with some more later! :)