Author Topic: Cheater!!! @_@  (Read 5215 times)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 06:32:04 pm »
In the earth lair, did you put a Invocation of Dreams into the pedestal of dreams?  That's a hint right there.  Have you been to the dark perspective earth lair yet?

I don't think any of the elemental staffs will be used a great deal.  In all actuality, you could use the Earth Staff the most throughout the game, but not until you reach the Grimoire Grand Hall.  Depending on how you play, you could use the Staff of Invoke Drain the most...  and it probably won't be more than a handful of times.

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline oneil46740

• Long Sword Swinger
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 08:05:25 pm »
Yea i've seen the dream with two yellow crystle locks. and in the dark side i can rise all the blocks but the last one to raise isn't tall enough to reach the next block, am i missing somthing?

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 12:00:16 am »
Yes you are missing something.  

I guess there's something worth mentioning - if there is a spell "something I", then it pretty much means there is a "something II".  Likewise, "Spell of Unearth" doesn't have a sequel spell, or else it would be called "Spell of Unearth I".  ^_^

Search the earth area dark perspective thoroughly...  you already have the requirements to get what you need.  Just like the other "I" spell, you'll have to use the I to get II....

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 02:23:18 pm »
How do you know when...
youve completed an elemental area?

I believe I am finished with fire and earth now and nearly done with wind.  Is the basis of the 4 elemental areas just to get the staff of invoke x from each?

In regards to the fire area, when you leave at the end and get to the switch that was hidden behind the light walls, what does it actually do when you flip it?  I couldnt find anything?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Ascension

• Dagger Carrier
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 05:10:31 pm »
My first post... What exactly is this game about? Does it take place before or after the events of all the other predecessors? Does the story follow up on them? I was reviewing some things about it and I still don't understand everything. Is it more or less like the traditional ones in the series or are their differences that would immediately be noticeable? What about the spells? The same type? And combat style? Still maintains first-person? Does it have the same type of items? Herbs ect? The reason I ask all of this is because I like to know the story and the ways of a game before I play it. I'll play it reguardless but I would like some clarification on this if possible. Plus I'm kind of a die hard fan of the series so I don't want to start with it blindly and being stumped in a mess of confusion. So I would like to know what I should know before starting the game.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 06:56:13 pm »
Trismegistus actually has nothing to do with the King's Field series.  The game was made with Sword of Moonlight: The King's Field Making Tool.  The other game I made several months ago, (Diadem of Maunstraut) is made with the same software, is King's Field-ish, but doesn't really have to do with the series.

Dark Destiny, a game in the works by DMP Design, is based on events taking place before King's Field I (US).  This game, there are similarities between it and King's Field I as far as items, equipment, game play, etc.

Diadem of Maunstraut has similarities to the King's Field game play, for example, in this game Earth Herbs heal a little health, Blood Stones cure status effects except for poison...  Some slight differences, like the Phantom Rod is a permanent magic consuming item (to see hidden doors), to entirely different concepts, like magic is learned from pedestals and introduction screens to new areas.

Dark Destiny and Diadem of Maunstraut are both first person perspective with a combat system virtually identical to the other King's Field games.  Only Dark Destiny follows the King's Field story...

Trismegistus isn't even a King's Field game at all, it's more or less what King's Field would be if it were a puzzle game.  It is a first person perspective game, but there are no enemies, no combat, no weapons, you can't die (however ALL of those change in the last area of the game - well, that cat's out of the bag) - you're to solve puzzles and gain levels to use spells in a "Find the missing King" quest.

Granted, there are some item cameos like the "Verdite" (the infamous green gem from KFII (US)) which gain magic ability levels in Trismegistus, but altogether it is a whole other genre than King's Field.

I hope I answered your questions, and that you enjoy our games.  ^_^

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 07:06:25 pm »
How do you know when...
youve completed an elemental area?

More or less, when you get the elemental staff.  There is no "TA-DA!  Area Clear" - more or less, you need the staff and level gains from those "stages" to move forward in the game.  Those things are required to complete the last area of the game.

I believe I am finished with fire and earth now and nearly done with wind. Is the basis of the 4 elemental areas just to get the staff of invoke x from each?

Pretty much.  However, there are some very important relics in the elemental areas besides the staff collection that you will NEED to gather to complete the game.

In regards to the fire area, when you leave at the end and get to the switch that was hidden behind the light walls, what does it actually do when you flip it? I couldnt find anything?

You must not have tried to leave the area before you flipped that switch.  Flipping that switch lowers a pillar that was blocking your exit....  a pillar that appeared when you have the Staff of Invoke Flames in your possession.  

Yay!  You didn't know you were trapped!  ^_^

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 11:09:32 pm »
Ascension, definately give both of Tom's game a shot if you liked King's Field.  DoM will more likely be the type of game you expect to find on these forums as it is based on a traditional King's Fieldesque design.

I myself have not finished DOM, but thats only because I am working on my own game.  Thanks to Tom I was inspired to make a continuation in the original series...and I hope when I am done with it that people will like it.

Tom, a question for you.  You mention the phantom rod was a usable item that drained magic to reveal walls rather than use a temporary timer?  I want to make an item do almost the exact same thing in DD, except for hit points.  Can you fill me in on how you accomplished it?  I cant figure out the scripting to make an equipped item have the reveal effect?

Oh, and if you wanna give Diadem of Maunstraut a try, there is a link on the main page of this site to the home page of DoM on kings-field.com
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 11:18:46 pm »
Todd, I e-mailed you about the Phantom Rod events.  Talking about it here is a little off topic.  ^_^