Author Topic: Starting up once again  (Read 3298 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Starting up once again
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:29:02 pm »
Never got the chance to finish this game since it pretty much was the inspiration for me to make my own and the site yadda yadda.

Loaded it up yesterday and am trucking along now.  Downloaded your high quality versions of the songs and converted them to .wav and replaced the game folder's tracks with the high quality versions...they sound great in there :)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: Starting up once again
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:00:15 pm »
I went through the game ONCE, collected (almost) everything....   (some stuff, I think I made too rare)

....ugh....   I'm still so burnt out.  ....ugh.....

:msmiley2:

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 07:09:01 pm »
Tom, I am really enjoying my playthrough...I wish I had spent some more time in this game before rushing off to make my own.

I still find things you did in DoM that I wish I had thought of, and noticed a few tricks up your sleeve that I am not 100% certain how its done=)

One of my favorite things about the game at this point is I am playing it while working on the map/guide for DD, and once ive made some decent headway into the game, i take a break from it to work on my stuff...but I leave the game running so I can have the music playing in the background.

I love the soundtrack.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 10:43:17 pm »
That soundtrack is the fodder for the next Hguols album....   but will be redone with the Hguols style.
Hopefully, you won't think I've ruined it.  ^_^

Luckily (thanks to JohnnyPark) I've got 90% of the MIDI files from that Maunstraut project.
I've actually thought about running those songs through my more modern methods of recording....   

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.