Author Topic: "Special" drops  (Read 3463 times)

Offline darchangel

• Mace Masher
  • Guardian of the Light
    • http://www.kings-field.com
"Special" drops
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:13:31 am »
Anyone find any of those hard to get items? You know the kind that you have to kill something 1000 times before they drop their goodies?

I think I just found one...the Groundal Mace  :badteeth:
He who was born with the light, will die with the light...rage against the dying of the light.

Offline prince lyle

• Long Sword Swinger
Re: "Special" drops
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »
Have found Spider sword,also place to gain limitless Verdite. :biggrin:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:26:38 pm »
Is the "spider sword" one that comes with Som or is it unique to DD? Because I can't recall that one :redface:

Offline dragoonblade

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:29:38 am »
The spider sword is the green rapier that looks like it has a serpent coiling up to connect to the blade. ^_^; I'm sad for knowing that one, it's the earth elemental sword and I have yet to find that in DD (I'm playing through it as we speak)

Offline Mord of Swoonlight

• Lord Veyrac's Illegitimate Son
  • Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 01:50:38 am »
I found a few...  The Groundal Mace, Spider Sword, Golem Boots, and Dragon Boots.   :ninja:

Haha, now that it's been a couple weeks since I played it, I've completely forgotten what was dropped or not, but I have a bunch of other stuff that may have been drops.  Forest folk necklace?  Dark Cross?  

(by the way, was there actually something you could do with the Ancient Relic cross thing?  Or maybe it allowed access into something that I didn't realize since I had it...)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:55:33 am by Mord of Swoonlight »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 01:43:15 pm »
Try handing the ancient relic to the oldest person on melanat you can find...it may rekindle some memories...and unlock something in the library.

**spoiler below**

the ancient relic is an artifact from another time and another world.  for those people who have played demons souls, they would know about a land called boletaria which was attacked by something they call 'the old one'.  In From's canon of the KF/Demons Souls universe, they are linked somehow by a creature known as the blue phoenix.  This blue phoenix was thought to be the nemesis of the ancient one, but lost the great war against him which plunged the entire land of boletaria into an ethereal state where the inhabitants were stuck between a world of the living and the spirit world.

The prince of Boletaria, known as Ostrava, took up his sword and set out on a quest to destroy the ancient one, however he was never successful and was trapped in the spirit world when another adventurer defeated the ancient one and put him back into slumber.  When the ancient one was defeated, those still in this spirit world were trapped to wander ever after, their god, the blue phoenix had escaped to a hidden realm and rested deep under the surface of the ocean in the core of a magical island known as melanat.  When he escaped and went to rest on melanat, the phoenix took the souls of his followers with him, and they inhabit the deepest places of melanat.

The librarian happens to be the ancient ostrava of boletaria, and he is tasked with guarding the souls lost on the island until his god can be awakened.

When you hand him the relic, you will get a short conversation, and a book appears on the shelf behind him that you can read a few pages from.

I just thought it would be an interesting thing to add into the game for those fans who played demon's souls and know a bit about its history.  I also thought it could make an interesting subject matter for another KF game to go deeper into the island and discover the fate of those who follow the blue phoenix...

Also a note, Kal Fargus, the magus of ice, once was the servant of the ancient one before he left and went to conquer melanat (searching for the blue phoenix).
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Mord of Swoonlight

• Lord Veyrac's Illegitimate Son
  • Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 05:03:35 pm »
Ooh, thanks for the tip! 

And by the way, Prince Lyle - where is this place with unlimited verdite?  (If you don't mind sharing a spoiler.)   :dance:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 04:21:42 pm »
The snakes in the pit near where the widda worship drop verdite 2% of the time they are killed, since they are an unlimited respawn, this place is a good way to raise your strength and magic.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder