Author Topic: What is your total completion % in the library?  (Read 10100 times)

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
Re: What is your total completion % in the library?
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 11:32:05 am »
Ah, so THAT'S what that pit was for. At first, I was afraid to jump down it because it looked like it was nothing but lava down there.

Yeah, getting the Verdite Chamber Key from Dan (or was it Nate? I confuse the two) and unlocking the chamber to the final boss definitely doesn't unlock the last boss's trophy, as I tested it out, and no last boss in the library.

I have done everything I can do to getting to the ending without actually beating it, and Leon still refuses to help me. Are you supposed to have the first Shrine Key in your inventory to get Leon to open up the chest? If so, I may have screwed up my whole game, as I already placed the first Shrine Key in the indentation the first time I found Jonas, just to get it out of my inventory. And when I returned to Jonas to learn those final 5 spells, the key was missing from the indentation! It seems to have completely disappeared... Any idea what happened?

Oh yeah, and I got the Royal Key, too. I've found and unlocked 4 chests so far, the Crystal Flask in the guy's room in Verdite, the 15 grand in North Village, and the Dragon Crystal and Triple Fang sword in Pirate's Cove. Are there any more?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 12:11:48 pm »
I believe you found all the royal chests.

I will look into the shrine key thing when I get home and figure out why leon is being so stubborn, and also on the library unlock event to find out why you arent seeing it in your game.

The fact the key graphic is missing from the door shouldn't affect the way it works (though I am not sure why it would be missing) as placing the key simply toggles an event counter and placing the second key toggles it another so you can begin turning the dials.  I will figure out whats happening and let you know.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 02:29:26 pm »
As I recall the chamber key was a drop inside the castle in my game. Possibly in a chest :confused:

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 07:33:24 pm »
Yeah, it was dropped by Daniel, the axe knight with yellow armor.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 07:54:11 am »
I tested and confirmed last night when you enter the last room and the boss appears, during that event the trigger for the library unlock occurs.  I have him showing up in my save game and also tested it via the SOM editor and it definitely should be working.

As for the shrine key...the event that causes leon to  unlock his chest for you is when you place the first key in the turning gear near the collosseum.  This ups a counter called "shrine key" to 1 and changes Leon's conversation.  I also tested this and it appeared to be working as well.  What I can't figure out is how you are missing the key in the door, there are no events that should ever cause that to happen.

Could you post your save game on here for me so I can take a peek?

Thanks!
Site Founder

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 11:15:26 am »
Alright, here it is. Also, were you supposed to be able get that sword that appears after you kill Kal Fargus, or is it just a display? Just wondering, since I can't interact with it at all. I figured with all those Gladiator armor pieces, that might be the Gladiator Sword, but I've never been able to get it.

EDIT: Okay, this is definitely strange. I could never pick up the sword in Kal Fargus's arena before, but after mentioning it, I just decided to try one more time, just for the hell of it, and what do you know, I could finally obtain it. I have no idea why I couldn't before. I'm hoping I just had the angle wrong or something.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:33:50 am by Luthius »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 01:39:01 pm »
totally weird, not sure why you couldnt interact with it.

the event is set up to have the sword descend (it is an object at that point) and when it finishes its decent the item appears and should be interactable at all angles.

I know it doesnt make any sense at all, and maybe im completely wrong, but i swear different computers and even different versions of directx run the game very very diffently.  I have issues on one of my computers where i fall through the floors alot and never have that problem on another machine...have also had issues with map/object collision being non existant on older versions of direct x...how that can be is beyond me but i have seen it with my own eyes!

I will check out your save game this weekend and figure out whats going on.
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 02:59:08 pm »
There are countless factors which can make Som behave differently (often very poorly) ... Ex addresses all that I'm aware of more or less. Except for falling thru floors... that's just a timing thing. A better CPU would probably remedy that. Though there are other factors like software sound and drivers in general which can also leach from your CPU cycles.

Anyway, I remember someone else mentioning having probs taking the Gladiator/Gladiator Sword (whichever is the official title)

EDITED: So is a Dragon Crystal then the only way (if that would work) to see the boss room stuff in the library?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:01:29 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 12:36:34 am »
Luthius I found the bug which was affecting your shrine key.

Place these files in your MAP directory and you should be able to use the save data without any issue.

Note, copy the older files somewhere else just in case these arent compatible with your save game for some reason (they should be).

Also, I noticed you sold celffy your ancient relic=)  Maybe you should buy it back and try giving it to the librarian :P

Site Founder

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 11:42:03 am »
Thanks, I'll try it in a bit. And the only reason I sold Celffy the Ancient Relic was because I already used it in front of the librarian, and thus no longer had a use for it. :P Also, I totally did not miss Harvine's Flute until just this morning... >_>