Author Topic: What is your total completion % in the library?  (Read 10102 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: What is your total completion % in the library?
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 01:31:03 pm »
Sweet!

Glad you got it, the newest version does fix the disappearing scorpion, but the bug you saw shouldnt have affected the completion %.

At what you have though, you have gotten all but maybe 3 things, which is fantastic.

Here is a hint on one you may not have gotten...did you ever find someone on the island that would be interested in the Holy Symbol you find toward the start of the game?  Its an ancient long forgotten relic, but perhaps there is someone old enough to know what it was for....
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 07:27:21 am »
Does killing the mayor do anything? I think he mentions the key to the city and there is a locked warehouse I think...

I dunno why I didn't think to try that. I only noticed today while snooping around there was a counter named in his honor :ninja:

I'm not sure why I had any qualms about killing the priest in the Verdite castle. I think I forgot I was roleplaying a badguy :evil:

There is the thief (I think you said maybe he doesn't count) and you can kill the dark elf (forget his name) anyone else?

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 10:26:34 am »
Yep, killing the mayor unlocks the warehouse that he claimed he would give you the key to if you got the Earth Crystal out of the nearby cave. Your reward for killing the dishonest ass is an Earth Herb, a Red Medicine, and a Talsian Leaf.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:25:54 pm by Luthius »

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 11:39:12 am »
My completion so far is 83.87%... I'm still missing the second shrine key, the last of the 15 crystals needed for Jonas's power (I'm pretty sure it's that Fire Crystal in Thedeck's Keep that is surrounded by lava), and just about all of the rare drops. I think I missed at least one whole area, too. I still can hardly believe that I missed that second Shrine Key. Knowing how easily I passed it over, it's either really hard to find, or really obvious, and I'm just that dense. :dazed: If only I knew the general area in which to look... Would anyone that still posts here happen to know the name of the place where the key is?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 08:55:00 pm »
One shrine key is dropped by the large scorpion in the west shore map, the other can be taken from Leon Shore's home in the east village ;)
Site Founder

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 10:21:20 pm »
Ah, so that's what is in that chest? And here, I was thinking I had missed a secret area or something. Heh, you make it sound like you can just walk into his house and take it, but the chest is sealed, and I've never figured out how to open it. I assumed it had something to do with Leon himself, but he says he will not help me, and I can't kill him, so I thought I might have had to do something to earn his trust, but I've never figured out what that is, or even if that's what I am supposed to do. I must have missed a few things, because I am completely in the dark about both how to unseal that chest, and how to get that crystal surrounded by lava in Thedeck's Keep. Hopefully those will be the last two things I am stuck on. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 12:19:01 am »
One shrine key is dropped by the large scorpion in the west shore map, the other can be taken from Leon Shore's home in the east village ;)

Did you know to / make sure to turn on the CRITICAL flag for all items like the shrine key drop? Assuming we're sure how that works.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 12:59:40 am »
If you have one shrine key and have seen the end of the game, go back and talk to leon, he may open it..
Site Founder

Offline Luthius

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 10:26:43 am »
Yeah, I got that first shrine key a long time ago, and I beat the game already, but nothing happened. How could beating it effect anything in-game, anyway, when you can't save after beating it? I unlocked the chamber, and beat the final boss in Verdite, and the ending and credits roll, and then the game closes itself immediately afterwards, and the next time I load up my save, it's as if I never beat it. I noticed a trophy spot reserved for the boss in the library, too, which struck me as a bit odd. Was there supposed to be a way to save after beating it? If so, I have no idea how.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 10:38:01 am »
Sorry, I didnt mean you had to beat the game to get the second key, I only meant if you had gotten to the ending then certainly you had already done what was necessary to get leon to open up his box in his house.

You are right, there is no way to save the data after you enter the final room.  The actual unlock for the library for the last boss guy comes from getting the key to open his door (or should, if it doesnt I better recheck what actually triggers it).

The second shrine key is actually to open the door behind where the spirit of Jonas Bagil resides, inside you will find a familiar NPC named Olfe (if you played the original KF1 release in the US) and sword.  That sword is the key to unlocking several hidden chests around the island (the white stone ones that are always 'sealed').

Once you unlock that, visit Olfe, get the sword and related armor (there are um 4 pieces I think) that would easily be 5% or so of your completion.  Add in the stuff for the last boss and some of the hidden drops and I would say you probably finished it.  Oh...did you get the royal key and open the various royal chests back on the island?  There are a couple more % points there too.

If you still have not gotten the fire crystal from thedeck's area, follow the ramp upwards behind where you see it beyond the lava, it will take you to a volcanic opening up top that you can drop down into to retrieve the crystal.  Make you you have your star gate handy though as you can't touch the lava.
Site Founder