Author Topic: Kayef (working title)  (Read 7314 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Kayef (working title)
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 01:56:50 pm »
When do I get to post a demo of Fallen By the Way?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 02:36:09 pm »
I hope in about a month or so.... The holiday has slowed me down a bit. I try to put in about 4 to 6 hours a day (or what time and my wife Pam will allow) on map piece or object editing, or general map building. My demo will have North and South Buckaunis and the Buckuanis Falls and the underground Mausoleum. So far I have been working on four maps at different times, I add a little bit to each one and make sure they work well together, and the sad part is just when I get a good direction I see an item or object that could be altered to fit my scenerio better, I am sure you all know what that is like:) Latly Christmas has slowed me down I only have spent less than two a day for the last week and that dang MDL problem of mine, ya know maybe what I will do is email John and Todd a screen capture of me doing what it is I am trying to do and they can see and maybe that will help:) like maybe I am just skipping or doing something wrong.If they see me doing the process then they can find my mistake:)  yeah I'll do that when I get home from work ...Thank godness I am off for Christmas:) PS any good screen capture for free out there?  I am using Cam Studio but it sucks, cause it can only do little sections of the screen or else I get REAL bad skipping, It's not my machine or vid card, as I have a great custom job I built myself:) just free usaully means limited on function.

Offline johnnypark66

• Mace Masher
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 01:43:16 pm »
hey Guy Tried your demo...Good Start like your layout...... Just a few observations from a custom model builder myself...... Make a brick house to make your windows match or alter the window it's self to have the ledges out of wood..... (Mygame has 7 house sets built for almost any situation, and 12 window sets for unparalled matching,  not just the basic 3, I still have over 100 map slots left too and ask todd or john how much new goodies I have built) second when I talked to the dude near town and the homie says "come talk to me when you are ready" the game warps to no mans land you might want to work on that:) other than that " tis a lovley start"   happy modeling:) PS like your altered path set , not crazy about the bright green grass. I like the set that was altered for John's install perfect and so easy to customise.  Madison L

I left that window in on accident, It shouldn't have been there... I was leaving the windows out until I could customize it to match the house. I wish i could get a better green grass but its the only one that matched the houses. I wish I was good at textures I've made lots but they end up ugly except for a few that I changed for the house. any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 03:35:23 pm »
Madison...I have a gotomeeting.com account you and John could use if he would be interested in that?  It basically allows you to give anyone access to watch you on your own desktop.  Since I dont know how to do the model stuff, its really up to john on that one.

JP...if you are having issues with your texture colors try darkening the ambient lighting a bit or only using one light source.  I notice alot of times, especially with the grass, it looks neon if the lighting is very high.

Also I recommend going to 32 bit depth because it seems to help some of the higher color textures in the game.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 02:07:36 am »
 JP : Now that Christmas is over I will be back to work hard core on my project,  I have fallen in love with SoM, and like you I just love to push the letter of what som is capable of so our games are special, and give that warm and fuzzy feeling. So if you would like I will give you some of my windows or my brick house(s) if you need it.... Todd is working on his his texture and objects release from dark destiny , ( and will be the bomb I may add) he is including some of my custom textures like my sand and grass set, you are welcome to any thing I build thats the beauty of it all we can all help one another make incredible games. I will work on this some this weekend .  : And for Todd I may have to take you up on that offer, for I can't find a decent full screen capture program worth a lick that don't cost 29.95 or less..... I know that you have to invest a little for your project... but call me cheap, I just can't see it to make a demo to show that I'm an idiot and have missed something simple more than likely.

Offline darchangel

• Mace Masher
  • Guardian of the Light
    • http://www.kings-field.com
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 12:41:00 pm »
I'm so glad you're resurrecting Kayef...i'll send you a pm, because I need a little info.
He who was born with the light, will die with the light...rage against the dying of the light.