Author Topic: Fallen By The Way Adds and Textures  (Read 27302 times)

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
Re: Fallen By The Way Adds and Textures
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2010, 05:51:45 pm »
Hey Darch Would you settle for a campfire:)?

Offline darchangel

• Mace Masher
  • Guardian of the Light
    • http://www.kings-field.com
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 08:45:53 pm »
Campfire's good enough...pretty soon all you're gonna have left are the empty stalks...   
He who was born with the light, will die with the light...rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2010, 02:02:38 am »
Ok Wanted a map set for Wall 'o wood, more diversity, and realisttic that huge concreate walls, had bad luck with two poles per piece. The problem is Som dosn't always interpet the texture like it is in the X Model... So giving more to process in this case was a better solution, I made the poles only 10 meters, thinner and added two more with staggered more defined points... Map piece is still only 65 k And pretty, And Always Darchangel helped me with the textures, and Ta-Da..... Top pic is old funny looking walls , Bottom is new "King-kong " looking, exciting, non blurry walls... What do you folks think? Is it a keeper? or need anything else:)     ML

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2010, 02:46:53 am »
^Cool, I was trying to do this by flipping that door upside down :doh:

EDITED: You might consider making a companion object... fence like walls usually do better as objects. However sometimes objects can be tedious / not line up just right. But they also make better patches and let you mix/match map pieces (for like different kind of ground)

We could really use graveyard like fencing I think. Probably as objects. And a gate that pivots around the hinges.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 02:50:15 am by Holy Diver »

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2010, 02:55:33 am »
After Many failed attempts ............ I HAVE REAL LOOKING BEER, I have an empty mug if anyone wants it as well:) All parts are there:).......Ps Set starting size to 2.0 in Parameter editor.........Happy Modeling ML

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2010, 06:50:50 pm »
Does anyone have some good wood textures that look good in SoM they want to donate to the cause? I have like 6 that I use repeatly, but I want something a little different for my new talble and chair set:) I still want an aged dark wood like this but just maybe a little rustic and used looking, Thanks Todd for the current texture that is on the table:)

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 02:35:39 am »
Ok, Question, How do you know when you have really gotten TOO envolved model making????

When you make one of these....................ML

*On a nerds note this creation as you can see is fully entererable (if thats a word).. And AMAZINLY the ENTIRE PIECE is only 700K WITH textures........... if anyone wants to know how I did it(to make a simular piece such as a gazebo or alter) then Hit me up I will pass on what I call "MABJECTS"... The exteriour of the outhouse is a map piece(56K) with perfect collision data so one can enter it...... the inside and such are an object(392K) textures the other 200K........ the door is an object set on an axis and open and closes as an event....... pretty nifty way to make small buildings and have better doors with out making an animated object,(The one thing we can't YET do) See "MABJECTS"........... Enjoy my ode to constipated RPG charcters everywhere................... PS this will be in my game in several towns, I mean , little dudes gotta take a dump on the way to glory,right? Plus you never know what you you might find in there (besides whats in the picture 3 :)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 09:02:19 am »
Wow...complete with fecal matter.

I like it !
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 06:57:51 pm »
Is there an explanation of this project somewhere or is it top-secret? Will there be typical fighting btw? Or is it more of an adventure title?

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2010, 09:39:07 am »
No secret at all, Fallen by the way, is a tribute to my brother Ralph Edward Parsons (commited suicide 1990) And two of my dearest friends Patrick Kelly Jones And Daniel Phillip Maulkuch. Both are now deceased.. The band Bellamorte, has agreed to lend music for this event. The former bassist Gopal Metro, was friends of ours, and knew Pat very well... His brother has even appeared in one of thier videos:) Gopal sports his own band now and will be contributing with music as well.  I dont have to create too much sound and that is a plus.....

The synopis of 'Fallen By The Way'.............  young merchant sailor (Madison Lastrega), and his new wife are sent on a mission by thier king, to get valued medical supplies from the land of Nevesius...... Nevesius has been under control by an evil queen, whom got control over Nevesius over 50 years ago in a great act of deciet and trechory..., upon decending on the shores of Luneria, Captin Delany, decides to change the bargin, Thus a battle ensues, Captin Delany slaughters his Crew, takes Madison's wife, and leaves Madison for dead on the shore of Luneria......... Madison falls into a coma for 10 years..... He is watched over by Elves who stayed in the abandoned mining town of Buckaunis........ Hell bent on revenge, and not knowing the fate of his wife.....Madison Lastrega sets fourth through the cursed lands of Nevesius, to find his answers, and Captin Delany, even if it means going through The evil Queen Ellissius Herself....... 

I am sticking with the SoM Engine because of how much Pat Jones loved KF 2 and 3..........As we spent many years playing them.............I am trying to make my one title as advanced as I can with in the limitations of the engine........... I have thought of using other ones but the royalties fees EVEN on a freeware title are too high for me......... and so far SoM looks to be a dead engine, and thats good for me:) hope that sums it up........ and gives reason why I aim to make FBTW an awesome creation....... I only wish ,my 'Fallen' friends could play it with me...........................ML