Author Topic: Fallen By The Way Adds and Textures  (Read 27301 times)

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
Re: Fallen By The Way Adds and Textures
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 02:13:54 am »
OK now I'm flustered....BAD, with alot of patientce I got the textures to load on my model, I had to ATLAS every peice , or turn off UV and use FLAT and it made the model look flat:) Anyway I ATLASed every one, ,sucked by the way, I did not label my 60 some polygons, Anyway it looks good in Meta now... I then saved my Mqo file in Meta Lite to a .X file.... Won't convert I have my tex. named "B" in the same folder as my model. Nothing happens it has the hourglass for a few seconds then just does nothing. After some playing around with it I figured out that the UV mapping option in the .X transfer had to be unchecked Odd... So when I tried to convert after that I got it to make the MDO but I got Error reading BMP 'B' after clicking ok all 60 times that it looked for it, I made a PRF and this what I got , I have spent 3 days messing with this Model, I am picky if you can't tell:) and Now I need help Darchangel,  Todd , John, HD.... anyone please look at these files :) thanks in advance   Always ML I have enclosed all files needed in this RAR please look at my work and see where I screwed up please:) I have to post more than once so please check all post thanks again

*NOTES* FOR RAR FILE
KegtestE is the file that is complete in Meta that won't convert to an X just sits there
KegtestF is the woking X file and MDO with UV mapping Off
Beerkegs4 is the actuall Mqo file (maybe I did something wrong)
B is just the 256x256 BMP file that is texturing all the polycubes and a few cylinders and Spheres... Beerkegs4.mqo has all the textures filled by using the ATLAS method Todd helped me with:)
PS Johhnny.... Nice Bed you made in Meta your haveing more luck than me now:(

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 02:15:25 am »
the rest of my post................... pics:)

Offline darchangel

• Mace Masher
  • Guardian of the Light
    • http://www.kings-field.com
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 05:51:51 am »
Just by looking at it, all I can think of is that your texture might be the problem...I was able to turn it into an mdo file without a problem.

I just couldn't test it because som is on another computer. I will check it as soon as I get home
He who was born with the light, will die with the light...rage against the dying of the light.

Offline darchangel

• Mace Masher
  • Guardian of the Light
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 01:46:56 pm »
Ok here is what I got.

Your texture needs a little editing, there are some dark colors that are too dark, they became transparent in som.

I think your problem was in the conversion to x, check your settings in Metaseq when saving, make sure that VISIBLE OBJECTS & UV MAPPING are checked.

He who was born with the light, will die with the light...rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 11:03:20 am »
OK now the thank you(s)...... First Todd, your tha bomb, thanks for your time and effort. your tutorial says it all while not finished(hint Hint) what is there is SoM LAW.... For any one just starting FOLLOW HIS TUTS TO THE TEETH OR CUSTOM MDO files will FAIL, (I learned the hard way)........ Darchangel thanks for the texture advice I switched to one the ones that came with Johns Wood House set, and , now its perfect even in SoM,,.... And John (A) hope you feel better (B) thanks for the advice you were right, too big of an object WILL cause the conversion to just sit there.... I switched to saving as wavefront objects in blender for the conversion process, instead of 3ds and now my size is only 2,914 KB perfect for Som and I reduced my flat cube polys and removed one Crest and you were right about that........... for any newbies , IMPORTANT  feep your customs to a size of LESS than 12 kb in .x format or they WILL fail........... Finally thanks to all of you for your support and advice.... FBTW will be a great title thanks to all of OUR combined efforts here is my FINAL kegs if anyone wants them Here is all files and thanks again:)

Offline johnnypark66

• Mace Masher
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 01:40:54 pm »
looks good... when will you have a short demo for your game? I'm interested to see what its like...

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 05:23:47 pm »
The model tutorials are adapted from John's wisdom...so all tutorials are mainly thanks to him ;)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 05:58:14 pm »
OK now the thank you(s)...... First Todd, your tha bomb, thanks for your time and effort. your tutorial says it all while not finished(hint Hint) what is there is SoM LAW.... For any one just starting FOLLOW HIS TUTS TO THE TEETH OR CUSTOM MDO files will FAIL, (I learned the hard way)........ Darchangel thanks for the texture advice I switched to one the ones that came with Johns Wood House set, and , now its perfect even in SoM,,.... And John (A) hope you feel better (B) thanks for the advice you were right, too big of an object WILL cause the conversion to just sit there.... I switched to saving as wavefront objects in blender for the conversion process, instead of 3ds and now my size is only 2,914 KB perfect for Som and I reduced my flat cube polys and removed one Crest and you were right about that........... for any newbies , IMPORTANT  feep your customs to a size of LESS than 12 kb in .x format or they WILL fail........... Finally thanks to all of you for your support and advice.... FBTW will be a great title thanks to all of OUR combined efforts here is my FINAL kegs if anyone wants them Here is all files and thanks again:)

More paragraphs/breathing please :rainbow:

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 04:21:12 am »
Been Having Great luck with making models and converting them but my remake of my Pub sign just don't go.... Could someone else try to convert this to an mdo, and look at my model and tell me I did wrong:) I sent the MQO file as well I finally got the uv mapping down but wont compile, for some reason?... I thanks for anyones time in advance.... Also I am releasing my Official Logo, todd please save it for your records please kind sir:)

Offline darchangel

• Mace Masher
  • Guardian of the Light
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 06:41:52 am »
First thing I noticed is you're missing texture E.

Do you like having to Atlas your UV maps? It's just something personal, I hate Atlas...if you want, give me a shoutout in msn one of these days, we can go through mapping using the other Metaseq options.

***EDIT***

Poly count seems a bit high, most of it goes into the very small bolts and chain, too small to really notice. Would you like those reduced? Just for testing purposes, I made a new bolt and it went from 381 to 120 polys, can't tell the difference at that size. Otherwise, just by deleting the back, you can reduce it to 240. 

All your textures can be combined into a single texture, would you like that done?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:56:26 am by darchangel »