Author Topic: A newcomer has arrived  (Read 5496 times)

Offline TheSpaceBetween

• Bow Bearer
  • deedravelocity@yahoo.com
Re: A newcomer has arrived
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 10:21:52 pm »
i have to agree, this may be like a film that people assumed would not go too far. and did not want to put all their eggs in one basket.
first film thrown together some, dont work too hard.

and after it is a big success, the next one is given a great deal of time and effort.

however after melenat, kingsfield 2 seemed to stray in its directions also.

the melenat story seems to be the only one that is very strictly tied up on most every end.
"Men are here to replace us.  There is no way to stop this change.  One day they will each be just as powerful as the genius who created them."

-Shaddam

Offline ArbalestX

• Weapons maker
  • Bow Bearer
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 01:56:34 pm »
Ha, thinking of Merlin as the Dragon of the Forest confuses me even more  :face15:
I see how the timeline could work, but all of Merlin's equipment came from Seath.
Why is the Forest Dragon, who I guess is some version of Guyra, living in a temple (royal graveyard)
built for Seath's warrior Merlin? It seems like the story in the original KF was heading
in one direction and the last two just dropped it and went somewhere entirely different.

When I first read this, I thought "Wasn't Merlin a mistranslation of the name Millia/Miria?"  Then again, I have played the US version of KFII.

It seems that the story in the instruction booklet has gone way off the board...  I need to get some things cleared up.

Also, TSB, what do you mean by these character/story bibles??  I don't remember anything mentioned in the Japanese websites.  I don't remember anything involving anime/manga of King's Field either...

Where did you get this information?  And do you have scanned pictures?

EDIT: added some text.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 12:18:38 pm »
I prefer to just make up my own story.

Vallad and his college roommate Derek were arm wrestling over some beers....

....Vallad sharted and lost the match.  He then said, "That's effin' it Derek!  I'm going to make a place called Verdite!"

This was the true King's Field beginning!

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline TheSpaceBetween

• Bow Bearer
  • deedravelocity@yahoo.com
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 05:06:11 pm »
much of my information comes from two aquaintances i once had in the design industry.  youd be surprised how small a world it is. (and how underpaid) :P

ive had a few different types of jobs, a couple of which i am not allowed to name due to contract.  but i admit i abused my position a little for my own personal satisfaction. and through this gained copies of character and story bibles as well as a few never printed images. few likely meaning 2.5 to be very specific.
a character bible or story bible is just a page or two of imformation notes about a person place or thing, so the writers can refer back to it anytime they want to include said person place or thing in a plot that is being developed, this is how they make sure that clashing does not happen.

this is the way things are done in my industry, which is animation and cartooning in film.  however, video games seem to have begun employing this same style of developement.

an example of a story with a strict and heavily developed story bible would be:  star trek.  however they did not actually begin employing this method until the "next generation" was born.

an example of a story with no story bible ever written would be: highlander.

as for scanned pictures yes i do, on my girlfriends old computer before we moved and she got the new fancy mac early this year.
ill hook up the old computer again, i have many things on there i want to retreive anyhow :)

"Men are here to replace us.  There is no way to stop this change.  One day they will each be just as powerful as the genius who created them."

-Shaddam

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 06:40:45 pm »
Am I the youngest guy on this forum?  :biggrin:
I'm 21 BTW.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 09:02:00 pm »
Well, I'm 3 and 1/2 . . . we're talking mental maturity right?

In physical maturity, I'm a wee bit beyond 21 :biggrin:

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 03:01:29 am »
wow I'm more mature than you! I'm 13 mentally.  :biggrin: