Author Topic: A newcomer has arrived  (Read 5495 times)

Offline TheSpaceBetween

• Bow Bearer
  • deedravelocity@yahoo.com
A newcomer has arrived
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:50:28 pm »
hello everyone :)

weiss pointed me here, and asked that i offer my resources to anyone who request them.
i just turned last weekend, im an animation director for nelvana entertainment and ellipse. and also an old school kingsfield fan. 

im really greatful places like this exist, we are a happy few and an endangered species unfortunately.
but also fortunately i guess, because we arent a fad. so no annoying young punk types who are in it just to be cool ;P

hope people are doing well, i will do my part to keep this board alive and colorful.
people can contact me anytime! :)
"Men are here to replace us.  There is no way to stop this change.  One day they will each be just as powerful as the genius who created them."

-Shaddam

Offline TheSpaceBetween

• Bow Bearer
Re: A newcomer has arrived
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 09:52:48 pm »
"i just turned last weekend"..  30!  i just turned 30.  my typing skills are beyond amazing! >:/
"Men are here to replace us.  There is no way to stop this change.  One day they will each be just as powerful as the genius who created them."

-Shaddam

Offline TheSpaceBetween

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:52:47 pm »
lol crikey turned vampire, that only reminds me of just how silly the bad acting is on these new twighlight and moon shows the teens are watching today... oh god bad..

as for information, i got my hands on original character bibles, or should i say copy machine copies.
the first two story bibles which i can get my hands on again when i get to work in january, and also some images that may be very difficult to get your hands on.
my girlfriend got me the kingsfield darkside collection box, and i also got my hands on the kingsfield manga comics and a couple of the liscenced spinoff anime's.

the character bibles are from developement so not as in depth as the story bibles, which is normal even my the animation industry,
but they give a great deal of insight on character history that was left behind in final cut, and then deteriorated even more during translation. melenat kingsfield was full of lost in translation examples, and typoes.

i think i still have some unique music to share, but im unsure, i am missing some stuff since my move in may to nyc.
i will hunt everything down.

-Shaddam

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 10:24:52 am »
Welcome TheSpaceBetween!

Glad you're here bud!  30 years old, eh?  I'll have my 30th birthday mid July.

Did you have any special plans for your birthday?

I plan on standing in in front of the mirror and alternating between flexing and crying my eyes out.   :aroused:

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 11:04:51 am »
The information you have access to sounds really cool.

Martin and I are planning on working on an artbook/encyclopedia collection of king's field to put into a full color book someday (or electronic form since we likely wont be able to publish copyrighted materials).  Perhaps the info you have would have a good home amongst the pages of this book?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 03:25:00 pm »
Hey TheSpaceBetween, remember when you, I and John talked about doing an online King's Field encyclopedia?

I think we all pointed to each other and said, "No, you go ahead and take the lead.  This is your project."
The End.

Heh.  Good stuff.

^_^

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 11:32:01 am »
I will probably end up doing it in a wiki format...perhaps I will ping knighteen87 and see if he wants in.
Site Founder

Offline TheSpaceBetween

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 08:54:52 am »
lol flex in front of mirror and cry. hgouls i can already tell you are amaamazing

and please just call me gan :)

as for the encyclopedia and such id be happy to help.  i spent some time giving dmp information from the character bibles for kf1.'

and special berfday plans? im in massachusettes right now, hanging with many friends. ill bee back home monday for surely ^^

-Shaddam

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 05:54:31 pm »
From what I was told of guyra, it was most definitely not him.

Guyra is pretty much selfish all around.
Site Founder

Offline TheSpaceBetween

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 07:18:52 pm »
only time ive seen anyone referenced as "dragon of the forest" wasnt in the character bibles it was in one of the story bibles. and that would be a guy named merlin. who isnt human at all he is a high elf (one who isnt 3 feet tall for once).

and selfish?  myerrrrrg....i dunno mate kingsfield is about point of view. like looking at things through the villains eyes and seeing that to them, the "good guys" are evil.
id say this is one bitchy lizard. but in the end look at it this way, she is fighting for what she beleives is right. seath beleives in the magic of change, guyra never beleived in that.

seath beleives that men should be left alone at this point to beleive in what religions they create and surround themselves with,
while guyra beleives they should all be made aware of the truth.

there are alot of times when the character easily depicted as the villain is later destroyed and gone forever, and then later events occur that cause the hero of the story to say to himself "you were right all along".

its sad, but true.  seath could easily be the warmer softer less overemotional figure, but in the end she manipulates the world around her just as much, trying to make things lean toward what she feels is the direction the world should grow in.
no different than guyra.  and perhaps her angry desparation/frustration fighting so hard to make HER side the right one, makes her seem like the villain.

the moonlight sword has two important phrases insceibed on it:
"do be kind and civilized. dont descend into the dark abyss."
very old words that apear in many fables.  short sweet and to the point.  simple instructions for life.

and the dark slayer says... not a god damn thing.

one is giving what some people call good advice, while the other gives no advice.
but another way you can look at it is,  one is telling you how you should live, while the other is leaving you to your own devices.

again this is the essence of kingsfield.  its up to you, make your own decisions. you decide what you feel is right and wrong.
decide your own religion.

-Shaddam