Author Topic: Shadow Tower Abyss - Is there an English Version?  (Read 76051 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Shadow Tower Abyss - Is there an English Version?
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2012, 04:36:19 pm »
All links on this site are for public consumption as far as im concerned...which is why i host them here in the first place ;)

Id much rather a fan of these games get a quick, virus free download than try to muddle through one of those freebie file hosting sites that propogate trojans all over the place!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Earthbound_X

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2012, 03:22:46 am »
Just wanted to send out a thank you for the translation. I was going back to beat Shadow Tower, since I never finished it, and while I was looking at Wikipedia, it mentioned that the sequel had been fan translated , so I Googled it and found this forum.

At first I was gonna ask you to upload the patch somewhere else, since Megaupload is no more, but then I found a pre patched ISO, and it works fine.
I'm really surprised how fast people got PS2 emulators working, it seemed like it took years and years to get PS1 and N64 emulators up and running.

Hope I'm allowed to mention that, since the game was never released in the USA after all.

I've tried a little of Abyss, and it seems pretty damn awesome, I have a feeling I'm gonna really enjoy it after I beat Shadow Tower.
It seemed to have a weird default control setup though, just like the Eternal Ring did. It doesn't start on analog, and it'll take me a while to get used to X being the menu and cancel button. It's just so backwards from pretty much all other games. Guess I could change that in the emulator control pad options though.

Offline NoSoup4you

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2012, 09:44:33 pm »
Spread it around! I like this minimalist style of gaming a lot, and would like to see it get more attention. I'm in the foggy world right now, playing a couple times a week when I'm not recording.

The only problem I've found with the translation is that when repairing items, the HP cost appears over the letters HP, making it very difficult to read.

Offline knighTeen87

• Bow Bearer
    • My Own King's Field Fan Site!
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2012, 07:56:47 am »
I shared your link Snesorama, soon lots of gamers will taste it: http://snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=71041   :smile:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2012, 04:06:19 pm »
Knighteen, MordOfSwoonlight did the translating (a ton of the total work) on STA so don't forget to give him the credit he deserves.

I personally don't care about getting credit. I would actually prefer you take my name out of that snesorama post because I try to avoid supporting piracy and I don't plan on providing anyone with a a copy of STA.

Offline Black Hood

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »
Hi folks, I've been a lurker for quite a while and just want to express my gratitude to all those involved in the translation of Shadow Tower Abyss. I only recently learned about FMCB for PS2, so was doubly happy to discover I could easily play this now!
I'm just about 30% of the way through the insect lair; I'm taking it slow and savoring the experience.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Offline knighTeen87

• Bow Bearer
    • My Own King's Field Fan Site!
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2012, 06:23:48 pm »
Knighteen, MordOfSwoonlight did the translating (a ton of the total work) on STA so don't forget to give him the credit he deserves.

I personally don't care about getting credit. I would actually prefer you take my name out of that snesorama post because I try to avoid supporting piracy and I don't plan on providing anyone with a a copy of STA.

ok man, i edited the post as you wished. I removed your name and put "MordOfSwoonlight" instead of yours

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2012, 10:13:36 pm »
Thanks for the "Thanks" Black Hood. I think both Mord and I are happy people seem to be enjoying it :beerchug:

Emre, thanks  :wink:. By the way, your KF site is quite cool. I've read through it all :smile:

Offline Earthbound_X

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:43 am »

Is it really piracy if the USA never got a copy of the game to begin with? I only plan to use the PS2 Emulator I found for this game(And maybe some other games that were never released here), since we never got the game in the US. Any other PS2 game I can just buy for my PS2.

Guess I don't consider it theft, if there was no way to get it here in the first place. If it was released here(and from what Wikipedia says, it was fully translated, but Sony said no), I probably would have gotten Abyss years ago, since I own all the From Software first person dungeon crawlers games released in the US, from the King's Field's series to Eternal Ring.

It was so nice for From Software to finally get the respect and praise they deserved, with the Demon and Dark Souls games, after being a fan of them for so long. Since King's Field II around 96, it was actually the first PlayStation game I ever saw.

I wonder if they will ever make another King's Field game? Or stick to the Souls games.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:11:56 pm by Earthbound_X »

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2012, 07:02:49 am »
It's still considered piracy from a Japanese point of view. ;) But if you've got a copy of the original(Japanese) game and download the ISO so you won't have to patch the game yourself, I don't think that would count as piracy. ^^

I don't think there will be another King's Field game... Although, they might get the idea of a reboot, remakes or similar using the engine they've got for the Souls games. I wouldn't mind seeing that. But I wouldn't put my stakes on it.