Author Topic: Shadow Tower Abyss - Is there an English Version?  (Read 76095 times)

Offline knighTeen87

• Bow Bearer
    • My Own King's Field Fan Site!
Re: Shadow Tower Abyss - Is there an English Version?
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2012, 09:13:04 am »
Emre, thanks  :wink:. By the way, your KF site is quite cool. I've read through it all :smile:

No problem man, I'm the one who got to say thanks. Thanx for your awesome work again and again. A couple of years ago,  i thought that i would never get to chance to play King's Field 1 and STA but i could played thru all with your efforts :)

Thanx for your opinions about my site. I'm planning to write a STA review soon but I'm really lazy these days :) And of course i will post your patch there just as i did in the KF1 and SoM :)

I wonder if they will ever make another King's Field game? Or stick to the Souls games.

I totally agree with Guyra. But i don't think that we will be seeing any King's Field remakes also sadly. Because KF series never got the support it deserved outside of Japan and that's why they changed to series into third person action RPG from a first person RPG. And they succeded...

Offline Earthbound_X

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2012, 01:43:29 am »
Finally started it today, and it already seems like a much improved game over the first Shadow Tower. Graphically alone, the first level looks better then the entire first game.

Of course it's nice that I can finally see where the hell I'm going. And it's nice to hear some ambient sounds and music, the first game was dead quiet.
Took me a second to realize that the gun ammo wasn't infinite.

The only thing I don't like is that you can't tell what stat increase you will get from killing each monster like you could in the first game, unless I just don't know where to find that.

I am confused on why the Demon Crown seems to be the Demon Spear now, if this is explained in the game, please no spoilers.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:52:44 pm by Earthbound_X »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2012, 08:02:56 am »
The only hope of anything first person kf related is here in the forum. Im really surprised there isnt a bigger following or fanbase for SoM games. Maybe people will support us more when they've finished our games :)

Offline Earthbound_X

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2012, 03:57:49 pm »
Yeah, I think I have every SoM game made so far, least the bigger ones,(Dark Destiny, Diadem of Maunstraut, and Trismegistus) but I haven't played them yet.

Anyone know of any other SoM games? I really only know about 5 of them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:59:41 pm by Earthbound_X »

Offline Earthbound_X

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2012, 12:58:03 am »
(Small Spoilers!!)

Well I just beat Abyss, and I don't really know what the heck happen in the ending. I do know that Abyss doesn't seem to have any connection to the first game at all.
At the first the story was about the Demon Spear, but near the end of the game, that was just dropped, and never brought up again. Or maybe the Demon Spear was just a made up story to get people to go to the Tower?

Maybe most of the story was lost in translation? After it drops the Demon Spear plot, it then starts going on about being cursed, monsters constantly bring up that word, cursed. I'm guessing after killing the last boss, you saved that demon girl? As she shows up in the ending cutscene, but without horns, or any other of the demon stuff she had before(Well, other then that weird eyeball thing, whatever that was). Was that the whole point of the game? To save that random demon girl from the first game?

I know you don't really play dungeon crawlers for the stories, but I am just confused on the whole point of this game. It was a ton of fun to play though, and major improved over the first Shadow Tower.

I have a feeling that if the game did come to the US, and we had a manual, that would explain what the heck was going on, just like the manual did in the first game.
Any chance of translating the manual?

Oh, and I used this guide, it was really helpful.
http://shadowtowerabyss.kings-field.com/
It covers all the areas expect for one, but since it's for the Japanese version, it leaves out some details.

Gonna go back and beat King's Field II again, then finally beat III and IV, since I never finished those two.
Wish that http://www.kings-field.com/# had a guide for the second game. It has guides for I, III, and IV, but not II for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:28:24 am by Earthbound_X »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2013, 03:51:46 pm »
Updated the download link for this to a dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bfh5p7cf1gq2xj/abyss.zip
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2013, 01:19:33 pm »
Is there any way to play the patched version on the PS2 via burning to disk? I have swap magic

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2013, 05:04:47 pm »
Nevermind I got it going  :biggrin:  :bowl:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2013, 05:09:47 pm »
It should play on the PS2 hardware like any 'backup' game, but I don't know if there would be NTSC/PAL compatibility issues for you. I played the translated version  on a mod-chipped PS2 console from a burnt DVD, and also from a hard drive on a FatPS2- both those methods seemed to work OK.

You beat me to the post! Was there any problems with getting it going on a PAL setup?

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2013, 05:32:20 pm »
None whatesover - swap magic bypasses region restrictions :) thanks for the info though