Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 7568 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: Quick question
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 06:10:38 pm »
since you've got a far better grasp of these things, I think i'll wait and see what is comming. I'd hate to screw up my som again now that im networked. by libraries, do you mean like the libraries like in my V Studio

There's nothing here that will mess anything up. Of course, if you edit a file, making backups is not a bad idea. If you just can't get these files to work in conjunction with SOM, just delete the files.

===================

Speaking of which!

I actually have not tested (or thought to test) these with an outputted game, so there might be further matters to attend to.

For those of you wanting to use this with a project in development. The SomEx.dll file needs to be in your tools folder with SOM_MAIN.exe. And you should hexedit som_db.exe if necessary. And the SOM_EX.INI file should be in your project folder beside SOM_DB.INI.

EDITED: For projects all the other dlls need to be in the tools folder as well, along with the two dlls above (which will be added to the next release -- the i18n release)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:12:58 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline AsusX2

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 06:17:10 pm »
excellent.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 06:25:16 pm »
Speaking of support (in the first post)

This extension was designed to support everything. However you might be limited by your drivers, since currently only DX7 is supported (future releases will probably include 8/9/10 but SOM uses the DX7 interface so that's where we start)

A fallback is the Windows Multimedia Library mode, which I have to use with my controller because it's DX7 drivers don't support the 4th axis.

If you really want to use analog sticks, you might want to try the analog simulation mode. It can be a little jerky under some circumstances because it works by knocking out key signals per frame (like at half speed it sends a walk key every other frame to SOM)

^I've added some algorithms to really smooth it out, and will probably add some more. The smoothing can feel a little unnatural, but it's better than spazzing. But it's still not so bad, and I find using analog sticks without analog feedback feels really slippery, so you might try it just for that reason.

That said, all your buttons should be mappable and anything your driver supports should be there. Though I only support basic consumer controllers (so far) ...as opposed to massive industrial flight simulator type joystick rigs that track a thousand variables and support hundreds of buttons.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 07:42:24 pm »
Heyo just started up DoM for the first time and I have a query.
Is there anyway to disable the ingame gamepad?
I prefer to map my controllers using an external program (Xpadder) and the in game config is interfering.
I can't set up my controller properly in game anyway (it only supports 8 of my 12 buttons and no analog mapping).

I use PPJoy to make a fake controller and set SoM's joystick to use the fake controller. That prevents SoM's auto-joystick detection form interfering when I use Joy2Key with a Xbox360 controller to play SoM via keyboard emulation.

PPJoy
http://www.simtel.net/free/Miscellaneous-Utilities/PPJoy/75176.html
Joy2Key
http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm