Author Topic: King's Field on the PSP and more  (Read 18134 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: King's Field on the PSP and more
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 05:23:23 pm »
I agree whole heartedly with the no disc thing, which is why i have 2 16 gig mem sticks in my psp case.  one with all my emulators (tg16, nes, snes, genesis, n64, gba etc etc) and one with all my psx eboots that i want to play.  I have a card that has KFJ, KF1, KF2, echo nights, shadow tower, brigandine, ff tactics, einhander and several other psx games on it, and some psp ones too.  I have a hard drive with over 100 gig of psx games, psp games and movies and emulated games i can swap out any time onto my psp in just seconds.

If they made the US PSN anywhere near as good as the japanese one, the pspgo would have more appeal to me.  Im just unwilling to buy japanese versions of playstation games (and i have them on eboot anyways).

The nice thing about the eboot is I can customize a manual to put in with the game as well so that i can hit the home button and store a faq or full walkthrough for a game if i want.   it makes it nice for games like dragon warrior 7 to have the class leveling charts etc readily available on the psp without having to carry something extra or stop the game.

You can pick up an older style psp 1000 or 2000 for around 100 these days and can either have a friend with the battery hack it or pick up the battery yourself for 15 bucks and be ready to roll.  I would try the older psp first at 100 bucks and see if you like it...worst case scenario you ebay it and get your money back...so there is very little investment lost.

I love my psp, and can think o fno better way to play KF then on the go.  I encourage everyone who can to grab a psp capable of playing custom firmware as its well worth it.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 06:20:22 pm »
What so is the 3000 hard to crack? I would have to go with a 3k if not the Go, because it has the AV out option. I really don't like small screens. I don't play portables in public... or take anything out more than a clip-on mp3 player/phones. I might rarely feel like playing in bed in a reposed position (also have a bedside HDtv so) but mostly I just buy them (or usually just emulate) so I can play the games, usually outputted onto a big screen.

I guess what gets me, is from what? I could follow this looked like an entry level PSP that would be cheaper/more for casual play. But it comes out more expensive??? Much more even!? I'm just bummed.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 06:25:03 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2009, 02:18:09 am »
The 3000 may be crackable but I dont really know much about it.

My issue with the 3000 is scan lines.  See the below link:

http://www.breakitdownblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/psp-3000-lcd-scan-line-problem.jpg

to improve some of the contrast etc of the screen they added old school scan lines to the screen which i think just looks terrible.

additionally battery life is an issue with both the 2000 and 3000 series.  The battery on my 1000 series ( i have the extended life one) can get me about 6-8 hours of gameplay via memory card psx games where as the slim gets about 2-3 tops.

Last but not least for me, the 2000 and 3000 firmware cracks do not support 1.5 firmware bios...and many of the apps/psx games/emulators etc require the old bios to work.  Alot of the apps have been changed to work on the newer bios, but i know many have not.

psp 1000s play everything, 2000s play about 80% and 3000s as far as i know (havent looked recently) are compatible with about 25% of the available cracked software etc.

The 1000 doesnt have the tv hookup i admit, but if youre downloading the game to your ps3...why bother having the psp part of the picture at all?  I thought when you downloaded a psx game you could just play it via the ps3 without needing the psp at all?
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2009, 03:10:14 am »
There are only a handful (if even) PSP games which you can download and play on your PS3. Some people have said making all PSP games playable this way on the PS3 would really up it's pitiful library, but that doesn't seem like something Sony would opt for whether in reality it would be good all around or not.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2009, 09:10:37 am »
PSP games or PSX games?

I thought for instance KF1 was playable via download to the PS3?

Is this not so?

If not, thats LAME!

Im surprised you don't have the king's field games for the playstation that you can just pop in your PS3 and play.
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2009, 02:40:23 pm »
I have KF2 but I bought the PSN game so I don't have to fool with the disc :rolleyes:

There are games for the PSP you know :ninja:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 04:59:02 pm »
heck i dunno, the US PSN doesnt have much of anything worth poking at. 

I illegally download my psp games anyways :P  thank you pspisoz.net !
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2009, 06:14:14 pm »
One thing I don't understand about the US PSN is it advertises all these pay to download stuff, but the descriptions of the products say absolutely nothing about the product, no screenshots, no videos. Like yesterday they even have this product that is a bunch of old arcade Capcom games mashed together or something, but it doesn't even list the games you get, or even mention a single one. The Japanese PSN isn't this way, though it could be better. I guess the US PSN works from the philosophy of the less people know the more likely they are to bite... or they expect people to look this stuff up on the internet, because there isn't even a link to a website or anything via the PSN. Most of the stuff on PSN are impulse buys, so why would I by something that has no more info connected to it than a tiny icon which is not even legible??

This seems especially an odd marketing technique for all the overpriced indie games. No one would buy something like that unless they heard something from somewhere without any info whatsoever. It's so slow, for me the download time is a much larger investment than the price per item. Not to mention I'm usually paying my ISP at least as much as what I pay for each download in bandwidth (but that's the price of rural connectivity... but I suppose these days I'm usually happy to just get to use up my bandwidth)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:19:27 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 11:08:49 pm »
I finished my King's Field Additional II walkthrough! Its 35 effin' pages long, (in MSWord) and should be quite a read!

I'm running it by John for his wondermous and marvulful finishing touches, before I'll share it with everyone.

^_^

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.