Author Topic: King's Field on the PSP and more  (Read 18132 times)

Offline MaskedGamer

• Beginner
  • Bow Bearer
  • An adventure like all before.
Re: King's Field on the PSP and more
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 04:06:23 am »
Finished AC3P while I was on vacation last week.  The new parts/reinstated parts are interesting but most of them probably won't find their rounds to commonly used AC setups.  The head from the novel isn't bad though.
Building, getting bored, building again, getting bored again, repeat.
[Current Project: Daeyln (working title)]

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 05:53:46 pm »
I added an 8$ bargain bin (French Canadian manual included) copy of Chrome HOUNDS ("hounds" must be an elaborate acronym) to a Swap Magic order because I didn't feel like paying so much shipping for just the SM set (I'm working on an HDloader setup with a PS2 so I can play PS2 games like I enjoy playing PSN games)

CH is pretty interesting so far. I like a lot of it compared to AC. For some reason though the game told me I can't Story Mode save unless I signed into Xbox Live first, even though the instruction manual clearly states this is not a restriction for the offline game. So anyway, I only played the tutorial mission late last night then turned it off to hunt down an ethernet cable.

It has a distinct feel, and I've always wished AC did first person better (I've never found the FP mode playable)

CH has character portraits, they're not awful... basically done in a nearly photographic style. I'd rather AC never have such portraits, but if it just had to, I'd still play if they were like CH. Kind of Metal Gear Solid like I guess but more photographic. I think the emblems in AC sort of serve the same function as character portraits in many ways.

Edited: For anyone confused. CH is like Armored Core's "Shadow Tower", only it's Xbox exclusive afaik.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 09:20:52 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 04:47:24 pm »
Heh, I'm cluttering the Agetec King's Field forum with a King's Field Additional II journal.

I REALLY dig that game!

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 05:22:27 pm »
Maybe I will have to beg JDO to translate it so I can stand giving it another chance.  For me, I am probably the opposite of most everyone else here, if its in japanese I can't stand playing it.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 09:01:26 am »
Isn't the Demon Souls you have in Japanese?

Since I really don't care about the story, I think the Japanese characters give the game an additional artistic feel.  The game is pretty damn artsy to begin with.

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 12:40:10 pm »
Nah demon's souls was released in asia in full english, including all cut scenes, voice overs etc.
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 03:19:51 am »
Isn't it ironic the PSP gets these games while mobile phones get real (http://ktn87kingsfield.webs.com/otherkingsfieldgames.htm) games :confused:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 10:57:53 pm »
Man I've been interested in a PSP for a long time ever sense I plugged in my PS3 and got hooked to the Japan PSN (and less so the US) and the PSPgo was just perfect in every way... until I just learned it's even more expensive than the 3000 :doh:

I thought this would be a budget PSP if anything, but it's not just more expensive, it's wayyyy more expensive. Really, wtf???? Still I want it, but the price better go wayyyy down (so nobody buy this until Sony comes to its senses)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 10:53:33 am »
pspgo makes no sense to me.  why would you want a psp that can only get stuff from the ps network (which sucks)...not use UMD or even play any non psn games from the memory card?

seems to me getting a regular psp (pre 3000 if possible) and modding the firmware (it takes all of 5 seconds to do) is the best route to go.  its cheaper and has a ton more to offer...and the screen is bigger.

Why pay twice for a playstation game you already own?  I have all the eboot files available on this site for the KF games in english... :confused:

I think they should call it the pspGay.

Just my 2 cents anyways.
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 02:31:09 pm »
People will start hacking away at it. But if the price doesn't drop radically it will probably just end up postponing the time when I'll actually pick one (of any type) up.

I more want a compliment to my PS3. I'm really not a portable kind of person. Plus you can play the Go with a Dualshock (or Sixaxis I guess now) controller I find out yesterday.

It should be much easier to put bootleg games on than the other models by design, since it will have to be more open architecturally. I really resent not having my games stored on the player these days, so I don't play disc based games 99% of the time anyway. By the time I ponder the inconvenience of swapping out the disc, I don't feel like playing anymore. I change my PS3 disc about once in a blue moon.