Author Topic: King's Field on the PSP and more  (Read 18135 times)

Offline MaskedGamer

• Beginner
  • Bow Bearer
  • An adventure like all before.
Re: King's Field on the PSP and more
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 12:42:48 am »
I picked up AC3 the other day and it's definetly a must-buy if you've got a PSP.  It runs smoothly and looks nice too.  I haven't seen any of the new parts yet though.  The controls are nice.  They take some getting used to but work nicely.  There's even a tournament coming up and a screen capture contest too.  How they want screen captures from anything other than a 2000/3000 psp hooked up to a HD vcr or something is beyond me.  I'd love to submit something though.  I also wish there was some online play.  There's local multiplayer but no internet play natively.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:47:52 am by MaskedGamer »
Building, getting bored, building again, getting bored again, repeat.
[Current Project: Daeyln (working title)]

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 01:53:14 am »
So is it already in the states? Are there really new (never appeared on the PS2) parts?

Offline MaskedGamer

• Beginner
  • Bow Bearer
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 04:39:11 am »
It's still only out in Japan with no forseen US/European release (as far as Gamefaqs tells me).  I haven't encountered any new parts or parts from older ACs yet but I'm sure they are there.  The AC from the Japanese AC: Brave New World is one of the Rankers in the Arena after you clear the game the first time around aparently and I'm only at the 6th or 7th mission so I can't say anything about that.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 01:52:25 pm »
Oh shit, there's a new one... and I still haven't even finished 4 (haven't even played thru the last mission yet)

If it's a PS3 release, this should drive down the import price of 4Answers (or whatever it's called) ...better strike while the iron is hot though, before it becomes a rare collectible :doh:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 02:24:13 pm »
Aha, according to this: http://www.armoredcoreonline.com/forums/index.php?s=60b0c0d3658260d42282b9427b7ad6f4&showtopic=1891&st=20

BNW is a dengeki graphic novel (apparently with a toy lineup)

I swear the second the AC games include anime characters I'm quitting and converting to full on let's homebrew AC mode. I could handle a gaiden going off in a weird direction, but not one of the numbered games. The closest thing AC has ever seen to a gaiden though is FF.

The only way I could imagine AC characters would be like something out of Votoms or maybe like Southern Cross ("Robotech season two") only done in a completely realistic way (no anime of course)

Edited: Geez (http://hobby.dengeki.com/ac/index.html) I wonder how much money From' rakes in from these model kits?? Apparently you can buy individual parts now, where as before I think they just came as a full design, possibly with a fixed colour scheme (well I guess you could always paint over it)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:43:15 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline MaskedGamer

• Beginner
  • Bow Bearer
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 09:47:40 am »
I'd love to get a bunch of AC models and parts but I have absolutely no place to put them.

AC hasn't shown a pilot ever so I wouldn't worry about an anime character.  I actually spent a good time of today after lunch translating the first page or two of "Episode 0" of BNW.  It's off topic for this general board but try to link whenever I get an episode done if people are interested in reading it.

Getting back to the game, I can't help but wonder if the AI was tuned down for the port.  The arena seems relatively easy...

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 05:25:00 pm »
If it is a manga and you're involved in like a scanlations(sp?) effort or whatever that is the sort of stuff I could help Todd put on swordofmoonlight.com if he wanted to turn the site into a more general fansite including KF and AC (and would let me replace the front of the website with a highly functional version of WordPress I've developed)

I recently setup special pages for reading the Persona4 Dengeki  serials at digitaldevildb.com (the site is currently down because the owner of the host let it expire without telling us)

PS: I gotta admit, if I had the time it sounds appealing (in theory) to immortalize some of my favorite AC builds over the years in model form. I used to build a lot of models when I was a kid.

Offline MaskedGamer

• Beginner
  • Bow Bearer
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 10:45:52 pm »
It's actually a novel / short story with one or two pictures per chapter.  If you push the big button in the middle of the page, the available chapters pop-up in a flash window.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 09:33:51 am »
Is dengeki an online only zine (I know it has a lot of stuff online) but I'm just wondering if it might be because of the name...

Offline MaskedGamer

• Beginner
  • Bow Bearer
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 10:11:45 am »
Nope, there are print versions too.  I've got a few Dengeki Playstation magazines lying around and I've seen Dengeki Hobby or Dengeki Anime or Dengeki something at the book store as well.

Edit: Finished the first chapter (aka chapter zero).  Now to find a place to put it online and hit the second chapter.  The second chapter is twice as long as the first though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:01:57 pm by MaskedGamer »