Author Topic: New SoM Demo SeaGuard  (Read 27128 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: New SoM Demo SeaGuard
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 09:39:20 am »
Its missing some custom textures, but for now its still playable.  Likely I have all the custom files you need so I will download it at home, throw them in the right folders and update the download .zip file tonight so the textures will be in there.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 12:47:26 pm »
I forgot to update the download, my apologies.

I will make sure to get to it this weekend.  Anyways, has anyone given this a try yet?

So far it looks like youve got a good knack for the SOM tool, I am definitely eager to see more on this project!
Site Founder

Offline darchangel

• Mace Masher
  • Guardian of the Light
    • http://www.kings-field.com
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 01:58:06 pm »
Tried it...a couple of things that you need to watch for:

When you give that sailor guy the compass, instead of it disappearing from your inventory you end up with 255.
Not sure if it was just me, but those faeries are a pain in the arse...they killed me before I could even reach them... :mad:

He who was born with the light, will die with the light...rage against the dying of the light.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 02:37:08 pm »
Haha same with me, they yelled at me too!

Im guessing that area is just not supposed to be reachable at the start of the game.
Site Founder

Offline AsusX2

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 11:10:33 am »
o.K. THAT was just a demo, so you could see my thought process and usage of som. (by the way, I can get through the faries (your not supposed to kill them, yet, just get the herbs and iron mask!)) The Training facility IS, hard but i have beat it many times to make sure I had a good player vs Enemy balance. I do know about the compass, it was just an idea of mine. This map is more of a sketchpoint for me, it will be in the game in a finished state, but for now this is it. I am glad to see someone enjoying the demo.If you all do end up liking it and wanting more, just let me know and i will try to get it to you.

Offline darchangel

• Mace Masher
  • Guardian of the Light
    • http://www.kings-field.com
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 11:25:51 am »
I was able to run in and get the herbs and mask...but even the other faeries around the houses just shoot me on sight, very hard to get anywhere near them.
Speaking of which, inside the training facility is a faerie and it killed me almost as soon as I walked in the door...curse those faeries! I wish I had the power to turn them to stone  :wink: :wink:

It is always good to see what other people have in mind when they put a game together...keep it coming, we'll keep on playing it.
He who was born with the light, will die with the light...rage against the dying of the light.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 11:50:18 pm »
I forgot to reply, I uploaded a newer version of your demo so that everyone can have all the textures for the custom stuff.

the download link remains the same.

BTW, I really like some of the terrain you are using, its odd when you make a game you think youve tried all the logical ways you can use map  pieces, then you play someone else's and you see a ton of imaginative things you never tried.  Keep it up!
Site Founder

Offline lavaelf1024

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 10:51:56 am »
Gonna check it out and see if there's some stuff I can use. 

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 08:48:36 pm »
Could someone describe the goals/scope/and state of this project for those of use without time to download it and goof around. Screenshots are always nice as well.

Is this the "KF5" and what does SeaGuard mean? PS: Guys, I'd be careful about tacking numbers onto KF, that's sort of Fromsoftwares' exclusive right l I would think. It's ok I think if you use an already established number and a subtitle. Like even DD could be called KF2 DD or whatever because it seems inline with the KF2 world or whatever. Though it's just KF in the US anyway I suppose, so I reckon Todd's already thought of this.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:51:25 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline AsusX2

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 12:25:01 am »
God! I've just spent 4 solid days working out the enemy table's. :goodnight:
I've almost filled up an entire notepad while replaying and taking notes on enemies, there stats and counters. That is a real pain, but, I finally got them all correct. I've been modeling the kraken but i'm having problems changing the format to work on som correctly. my models look good, hope I can use it. Next, i'm going to try to animate it. The game is still going well. I did stop using Vista 64 with som. I found it easyier just to build a couple lower end machine's and use them as workstations with my server. One is for the purely for the editor, One is for Meta, (I find it easyier to model what I want while i'm looking at the maps) and the x64 for testing, Running fruity and Photoshop. All in all this is definatly a worth while project. Well sorry for blathering, Just wanted to talk, hope I did'nt bore anyone. Talk to you guys later. Seeya