Author Topic: Week 2 - Triple Super Awesome Bonus Question  (Read 1580 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Week 2 - Triple Super Awesome Bonus Question
« on: October 13, 2009, 01:57:51 pm »
I have to try to stump you guys for more than an hour.

This one is only worth 1 more point, but its difficulty is high.

I don't want guesses on this one, I want the exact answer :)

-- ------------------------------------

In KF1 (US) what is the minimum level and the minimum amount of keys (I want to know which keys as well) needed to unlock the pink water at the dragon fountain so you can recover your magic?

- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: Week 2 - Triple Super Awesome Bonus Question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 03:09:05 pm »
ARGH!  The thing is, its going to be a guess because its been a while since I've even played through that King's Field!  -_-

At least I'm posting, right?
I'm playing the game in my head, and my guesses are....

One Rhombus Key, One Jail Key, and of course One Dragon Stone. (as a key)
My guess, earliest level would be Level 1.

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 04:00:04 pm »
Very close...there are two correct answers, but yours isnt quite one of them.
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 03:38:34 pm »
The two correct answers are:

2 rhombus keys, 1 dragon stone, 1 jail key and level 1....

or

1 rhombus key, 1 dragon stone, 1 star key and 1 jail key, level 1.
-- -----------------------------------------------------------------

For those who are wondering how...

For scenario 1...

From the start go directly to the door that takes you to the citadel (No need to bother collecting armor or herbs, the only enemy you HAVE to fight will one shot you anyways).  Once at the citadel, proceed to the south and go east, skip the first door and head up the first set of stairs to the north, grab the rhombus key off the ground.  Go back to the entrance to the citadel and proceed north, lower the bridge and go across toward north village.  Stop and say hi to Nola, have a quickee, and proceed down through the corridors to the hole in the ground that drops to the area the dragon fountain door is in....go south, through the secret door and into the main room of the base.

Now, use your first rhombus key to go through the door on the west wall and proceed to the next area dodging the enemy attacks!  Immediately go through the wood door straight ahead and grab rhombus key #2.

Then proceed down the steps, making sure to dodge 2 more guards and go into the room at the bottom.  Fight the lone guard in the room, he will have the jail key.  Good luck on this one, he will one shot you if youre hit.

Once you have the key, do your best to get back to the top and use your second rhombus key to get back through the original door you came through.

Tip...it may be helpful to grab the fire crystal on the west shore to stun enemies with your fire magic while trying to dodge them.

Now, head to the back of the prison and open the door that holds Ernest.  He will give you the dragon stone you seek. 

Go back through the hidden wall, run down the stairway to the dragon fountain and place the key in the SOUTHERN dragon stone to release the pink magic water.

Scenario 2.

This one might be a bit easier...the only difference is you need to grab the star gate off the dead body in the basement of the west shore area before you go the citadel. 

Also you will need to traverse the small mine near the southern village for the chest that contains the star key.

Once you have that key make sure you put it in a pedastal and dont use any fire magic else you wont be able to teleport back to it.

Now that you have the ability to warp...you no longer need the second rhombus key and can simply teleport once you have the jail key.
Site Founder