Author Topic: Project status!  (Read 25990 times)

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: Project status!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 12:57:24 pm »
I'm not currently working on a project yet. I'm still working on a "test map" to get the hang of how SoM works.
I do however have an idea of the basic storyline. If I ever get to making the game I will begin to post updates on my progress.
First I'm going to write the main storyline down then work on the game. The name I have for it is "Imortal Swords" but it's still a work in progress and the name may be changed. I plan on getting the writing started today.
When I make major progress I will make a new topic stating the current status of my project.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 06:17:57 pm »
 Immortal* :twisted:

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 10:36:16 pm »
Immortal* :twisted:

Is there something wrong with the name I've picked?
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 12:35:37 am »
The name I have for it is "Imortal Swords" but it's still a work in progress and the name may be changed.
It's not too late to change :rolleyes:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 11:15:31 am »
I like the name, I am assuming that he is jokingly pointing out the word immortal is spelled with two m's.

Holy I am going to beat you over the head if you don't start being more clear that youre joking around! :order:
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 03:55:29 pm »
I just wanna point out that the "roll eyes" smiley tends to be used almost exclusively (at least at digitialdevildb.com) to indicate lovingly looking up at the post above rather than implying sarcasm or distaste. Sometimes it can appear ambiguous however it's up to your better angels to win over when making that distinction for yourself. I purposely limit the negative smileys available for use and I hope people can find more positive uses for smileys whenever possible. Sometimes I wish the ??? smiley was not so apprehensive looking (maybe someone could tweak it sometime)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:57:35 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 09:31:47 am »
Holy, you could have just told me I spelled Immortal wrong. It would have been much simpler. (I'm not trying to be mean)

Also I have most of the intro for my project and will post it sometime on monday.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 02:32:31 pm »
Holy, you could have just told me I spelled Immortal wrong. It would have been much simpler. (I'm not trying to be mean)

Also I have most of the intro for my project and will post it sometime on monday.

That's what I get for trying not to offend anyone :doh:

Offline kilroyfx

• To Game is Human!!
  • VIP
  • Mace Masher
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 03:09:54 am »
I have almost finished a utility that works inside the Map editor.  It is a more advanced copy/paste program that surfs on top of SOM_MAP.exe. It allows you to copy regions of your maps and save them as "Brushes" which then can used to create maps faster and better.  You can save up to 100.

The strong points of the utility are, you can now rotate parts of your map, paste them on top or below existing drawn map areas or "tiled" areas.  Also you are no longer limited to a rectangular region, you now can copy/paste any shape region because the program allows you to ignore UNUSED tiles.  So you can paste in either Solid or Clear mode. The interface is "live" so you see what you are copying/pasting/rotating at all times. You can slide your copied region around the map with ease, instantly see it rotate, and slide it over or under other map sections.  You can use arrow-keys for fine movement or the mouse-pointer for instant movements.

One of the strongest features of this utility is the ability to copy/paste and delete Objects, Items, NPC's and Enemys.  They too can also be rotated with the copied tile region.  These 'things' are saved with your Brush and will not cause Event errors (since they don't copy events with them) You can quickly duplicate and perfectly align those tediously designed rooms, halls, cathedrals, castles, hovels, lakes etc !! With all the items, objects and NPC's included both inside and out. Once you save the map (through pumkinPaster's interface) it makes sure that all events are protected, and conflicts will not occur. The map is saved as work.map with matching work.evt and work.mpx files (simply rename them to use them in your game)

The interface is a little rough right now, but I think it's very powerful. Took about 4 days to write. :)  Also this utility relies HEAVILY on map slot #63 so if you have a 63.map you have to rename it before running or you will lose it.

I need a few people to Beta-Test it, I am completely open to revisions....and changes to make it more friendly and useful.  You need to play with it for at least 30 minutes and dont use it on a project that is not BACKED UP. 

P.S. Enemy Entry Data is also recorded and stored in the "Brush" in case you were wondering.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:19:21 am by kilroyfx »
Cheers

KilroyFx

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 09:23:11 am »
Excellent, when can I post a copy for testing?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder