Author Topic: Irritated and need help  (Read 2352 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Irritated and need help
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:14:00 pm »
OK, a virus smoked my SOM laptop, so I had to reinstall everything.

Its a windows XP machine, and I have everything installed from my installer program + I copied over all my old files back onto the machine.

I have the proper fonts installed and versions of direct X etc.  But I am having a problem I cannot explain.

Ever since reloading my computer, whenever I attempt to edit an event that uses a message it will not let me do any carriage returns in the text. So it forces me to put everything on the top line and after so many characters it continues off the box and I can no longer see what I am typing.  The typing does allow me to fill the whole box, but it never shows anything past the first line in the editor.  When I trigger the event in game, all the text is there as well, so I know it took the information, but just doesnt seem to let me format a carriage return in the editor.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled SOM, I have loaded different versions of MS gothic and eastern language packs, I have uninstalled and reinstalled directx and graphics drivers and so on and no luck.  Its really pissing me off.

The issue also exists in the item editor, the system editor etc and I can't type in item descriptions etc correctly. Its always something with this damn program...spent the last three days wasting my time on this problem!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: Irritated and need help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 07:51:31 pm »
The only thought I have is make sure one of your keys isn't sticking, and the sticky shift key function is not enabled. Can you copy paste something with multiple lines into the editor?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 09:10:53 pm »
unfortunately yes i can.  and messages i had created before also only show one line in the editor eventhough all the text is there.

im actually fortunate though, it has caused me to put effort into using the VMware instead and it works really great.  I edit SOM in the vm session and test map in the regular windows without having to disable shit all the time

i wont have portability to finish my game, but i dont care its almost done. 
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 09:17:36 pm »
Yeah, I should've given this more thought... my thinking is either A) You need to make sure you have "East Asian Language" support, and B) make sure you have all the Windows Service Packs installed.

I'm thinking the most probable reason is you don't have support for Japanese input etc. Even though Tom translated it, it's still a Japanese application.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 03:09:14 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 12:44:23 am »
Well, gay.  After I installed Service Pack 2 my problem went away.

Who knows.
Site Founder