Author Topic: 90% Black Screen when testing map :D  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Zidster

• Dagger Carrier
90% Black Screen when testing map :D
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:55:11 am »
Hello, I'm new to this editor and I just wanted to pass some time with it.

Now I've made my first map and selected starting point and so on.

When I want to test the map, the game starts.

All I see is a "90% Black Screen", means:

I see the compass, the HP and MP Bars, but that's it. The rest is black. When I press the left or right arrow key my figure seems to turn the chosen direction, as I can tell cuz off the compass.

The sample of KOF works pretty well, so what to do?

Btw: The sample is in japanese, because it wasn't translated. But I can build a game on the language I want to (like programming npc's text or something?))???

thank you so much ^__________^

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: 90% Black Screen when testing map :D
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 01:19:15 pm »
likely your test map has a draw distance of 0. 

When on the map editor, choose map settings at the bottom left corner.  There is a draw distance and fog distance.  I recommend a draw distance of between 20-25 and a fog distance (depending on the atmosphere) of about .5.

see if that helps.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: 90% Black Screen when testing map :D
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:54:42 pm »
The drawing settings shouldn't make the game black. Either your light is zero (not likely unless you made it so) or you haven't made a map! Or you have and your start point is not inside your map.

To set the start point directly you change the map mode to the view of the items/npcs/objects/monsters and hold shift and right click (or something like that) on a square to move the start point there. There is a more straight forward menu way to set the start point, but it isn't as convenient.

Make sure you rebuild your map. In fact you might see all black if you've never built your map!

PS: If you don't read Japanese, download John's patches or Todd's all-in-one install.