King's Field Related Games > King's Field Series

Sequence Breaking & NPC Killing

(1/1)

Cat of Moonlight:
So starting in King's Field 2, you can slaughter NPCs!  It takes quite a few hits, but it can be done.  I know there's a shopkeeper you can push/kill to get an item early, and you can also skip the termite section of the game and get into that village early.  (It's been a while, forgive me for not recalling the names.)  I also know that the dwarf in KF3 will refuse to make armor out of Promeus for you if you kill someone. 

I was wondering if there are other interesting scenarios like this, another example being sequence breaking in KF3 by killing that guy that thinks he's you (or a glass of orange juice) since he blocks your path. 

Holy_Diver:
I vaguely remember "glass of orange juice" from around here, but refresh my memory?! "Thinks he's you"? Are these translation mistakes or liberties or something else? I'm not even very familiar with the basic script, sadly.

Holy_Diver:
Double-reply: Oh yeah, over here (https://www.reddit.com/r/KingsField/comments/g82d5i/kings_field_ii_us_ng_bad_ending_in_1917_by/) the topic of a speedrun cheat comes up. Something about vaulting over walls by glitching on doors.

Cat of Moonlight:

--- Quote from: Holy_Diver on May 16, 2020, 07:31:37 am ---I vaguely remember "glass of orange juice" from around here, but refresh my memory?! "Thinks he's you"? Are these translation mistakes or liberties or something else? I'm not even very familiar with the basic script, sadly.

--- End quote ---

Joe Santos is an NPC in KF3 that claims to be Lyle.  He's blocking your path in a passageway as he's searching for a key.
Later on, he's moved and is no longer blocking your path, now he claims to be a glass of orange juice.  I'm really interested in what the original Japanese script was, as it sounds totally out of left field in english...

Holy_Diver:
The last time I played it was Japanese but I don't even remember this exchange from the English game! I know this NPC. I don't think the originals had a sense of humor of this nature generally, but I'm reminded there is a little NPC who is a cleric of some kind who wears a miter and robes made out a kracken from KFII. Of course the miter is a kracken's mantle!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version