Author Topic: Known forum issues...  (Read 14724 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Known forum issues...
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2009, 09:47:04 am »
Nope was just an accident :D
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 09:53:28 am »
I dont really care either way, but I am trying to figure out if its just me or if anyone else has this problem.

The top banner...the SOM logo on the right when i hover over it shows the clicky finger mouse indicating there is a link..and of course pressing it takes me to from's site...but the som.com banner on the left doesnt click link for me.  I can right click and open link in another tab, but for whatever reason it doesnt just left click link.

I have tried this in IE and firefox, and it works fine in firefox.

Any ideas?
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 01:49:48 pm »
^Ohhhh, you're using IE... there is your problem :rolleyes:

I seriously have no idea why it would not be working in IE. The code that does the banner should be functionally identical to the theme as provided by the SMF install. But I will take a look at it. There must be some reason IE is being retarded, but unfortunately debugging IE is even more difficult than using IE. IE should be outlawed frankly.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 01:55:20 pm »
Man, what the hell is up with IE bombing on the colour with the logo??? It's 2009, why is the internet WWW still so fucked up :confused:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 02:04:09 pm »
Ok, my open IE window just froze, but now try. Technically IE was correct not to link it... to be frank I'm not sure why Mozilla browsers were linking it. Though personally I think the link should work, but that is against the WWW standard (block elements can't be links)

I need to remember to fix this when digitaldevildb.com comes back online. As for the funky colour in IE for the "making tool" logo, I have no idea. I had opened some tabs in IE about colour problems with png and that made IE freeze... go figure.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2009, 02:07:45 pm »
This is what IE is doing. Fix it yourself :tongue:

http://www.kcaran.com/entries/technology/software/pnggamma.html

PS: For the record I never bend too far over backwards for IE. I've never had a web project that satisfies IE and always because IE does not adhere to standards. The only way I can think to make a website look right on IE is to have two separate websites (one just for IE) and I've never had time to make that commitment or cared enough to do so. That said I've considered it on occasion, because I do analyze site traffic and the majority of people still use IE (and should be sterilized)

Of course an IE site at best can look like crap, even if you develop for IE exclusively. All popular web software have a separate front end for IE and they all look like crap compared to Mozilla and Safari (if Safari is not Mozilla)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:13:36 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2009, 05:34:28 pm »
Hmmmm, since Firefox went from like 3.1 to 3.5 last night I can see a slight difference in the background of the sword logo. I guess I will have to look into fixing this :doh:

PS: Any chance you tweaked the image Todd?

Edited: This is probably the same reason the banner looks wrong under X (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:37:22 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2009, 07:01:19 pm »
Wish I could tell you that I had tweaked it, but unfortunately I havent touched it :)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2009, 05:20:17 am »
Fixed it (Might need to make sure the image in your cache is not being used to tell)

Edited: Though with FF3.5 I have to refresh every single page in my cache to see the diff. So FF is technically storing two different images in the cache depending on which page you're seeing (which I guess is technically correct if you assume your cache is supposed to be completely identical to the version of the page cached)

Edited: It seems to reuse the old image if you pull up a page of the same name even if the contents have changed / been modified. Pretty lame, maybe a bug.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:25:12 am by Holy Diver »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2009, 09:37:42 pm »
Geez, now it looks really bad in Safari.... it's lit up like a goddamn christmas tree. I'd really hate to see all these browsers have a get together :confused: