Author Topic: Known forum issues...  (Read 14726 times)

Offline MaskedGamer

• Beginner
  • Bow Bearer
  • An adventure like all before.
Re: Known forum issues...
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 08:17:23 am »
I was monkeying around with your logo at work today, I had a few different modifications I tried..unfortunately whenever I tried to make any of these transparent it looked really crappy =/

The moon on the third one reminds me of Sailor Moon.
Building, getting bored, building again, getting bored again, repeat.
[Current Project: Daeyln (working title)]

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 09:46:35 am »
Ok, here's another attempt.  This time, I'm a little better at following directions.

The images are 713x96 - black background - dot com was added - a little bit of space between the "S" and the "w" so it doesn't look like "suord of moonlight" - F?rie pictures integrated.

I think the term "ghostly" was meant to refer opaqueness?  The top pic has an opaque setting at 65% and the second at 70% to try to match the f?ries. 

Last but certainly not least, the 3rd/bottom picture has a duplicate layer with a very slight motion blur.  Heh, you said "ghostly", now I want to run with that!  ^_^

Once again, let me know if you can use anything from this attempt....

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:03:59 am by Hguols »

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 06:20:57 pm »
Ok, I've uploaded my basic take on the logo (you might need to refresh) ...so if everyone can agree to something like this (for now) then we can move on to fine adjustments like size and brightness fades shadows and such.

I will replace the faerie on the far right with the official SoM logo as seen on the front page (with a sword) asap sometime tonight.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 06:24:41 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 07:12:59 pm »
Can you guys furnish me with the highest resolution version of this image (http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/Images/SOMa.png) we have, preferably without any halos cut out around it.

I want to make a proper decal with a transparent background.

PS: Oh I just noticed the background is already transparent. But anyway, I'd still like to do a better job with not halo / work from the best quality image we have.

PPS: I realize it might already be on/in the SoM disc/install somewhere, but please do me a solid and just attache one.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:14:58 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 08:18:02 pm »
He shoots, he scores!!!   ^_^

Actually, I just hit print-screen upon starting SoM and cropped it.  >_<  A 15 second fix!

If you want the mega-super full-screen version, give me a couple minutes.

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 09:40:37 pm »
Ah, so the green glow is builtin to the original. I think I will need to surgically remove it to make the graphic more flexible...

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 03:59:48 am »
Here is a version I doctored. Working from a larger original would probably yield better results, but this is more than sufficient for an final image that will be even smaller. Being rid of the white glow is probably impossible to do with any credulity but anyway, I will try to add this to the forum banner asap and see if it isn't fitting...

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 10:57:04 pm »
It is still very rough (very) but this white on blue is the way it's basically supposed to look (I gave up on the decal look, it just didn't seem to work -- you can see it below)

This is bsically the minimum size that the letters can still be readable. Just desaturating and making the brights white and the blacks transparent is also not the best way. This is sort of stuff is soooo soul sucking I will have to give it more time later. I didn't do any tests against the final background, and the end shouldn't be white as white. There is a lot of touching up that could be done.

But anyway, it's evolving.... hopefully into something that will eventually approach professionalism.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 11:01:14 pm »
PS: The logo is now taking up about 349px out of the 800px allotted. I'm thinking having the sword slide under or behind the banner won't work. So I was wondering if some lettering like:

Sword
_Of
__Moonlight

Might do better. That way the SOM is all proportional / equidistant as well. But I have no idea where to go from there...

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 10:06:39 am »
I like the sword  :biggrin:
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder